Silvio let loose

Suz

My new Silvio was let loose on hills today and did a fabulous job! Pic's of it's first ride and the treat of a lake view (which doesn't show up well) :D.
It's rider is sore and tired. I signed up for a week long tour in late June so I'm riding out of pure fear right now. Silly girl signed up for an intermediate+ ride ... o_O. No words for that choice.

So on the positive side, I get to ride my cruzbikes every day and on a brighter side I have my Silvio to train on. She is light, and nimble and certainly does climb better. Wind? What wind. Tonight was windy but who knew.

It's crazy that I can start so much easier on hills from a seated position with the Silvio than the Sofrider. Shocking. Oh wait, I shouldn't have shared that. I was practicing on that hill. Not stopped from wobbling or slow speeds. Nope.

Having a blast. Happy riding all.

Silvio Lake.jpg
Silvio LakeL.jpg

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Very good brake derailleur cabling in the handlebar area!!!
Who did it?

The white frame and black power triangle has grown on me!!!
It is a VERY smooth Aero frame!!

I think it even looks faster and smoother than the Vendetta!!!!

Alan W Dolbeer

That is one fine looking Silvio. Enjoyed your comment about wind. I always say the same thing when DF riders complain about the wind. (-;

Reactions: Suz

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Congrats Suz! Beautiful bike she is!
About the wind. It is amazing. Wait until you try a V, then the S will feel like you are sitting up in the wind
That is what happened to me when I had my Silvio. Maria Parker let me ride her Vendetta around, then I got back on my S and was amazed at how much winder it was.
It is all relative.

Reactions: Suz

Suz

Thanks go to Robert for the build! Yes it's a beautiful thing. Clips went on last night, and the hills are much easier, the knees are happier, but the new muscles used are showing their disapproval today.
Blinky tail light added battleaxe!

The mouthpiece fell off of my camelback apparently at the beginning of the ride last night - need back up water! Ugh I've been too antsy to ride to mess with adding water bottle cages. :confused: Lesson learned.

jond

Zen MBB Master
wow fantastic bike suz congratulations to yourself and now battleaxe too. gee they are a fine looking machine. enjoy your journey. stay safe. ride often and practice your skills. and come june you will be "who is that lady going past my 10k road bike on that cruzbike without a sweat... "

thwaters

Thanks go to Robert for the build! Yes it's a beautiful thing. Clips went on last night, and the hills are much easier, the knees are happier, but the new muscles used are showing their disapproval today.
Blinky tail light added battleaxe!

The mouthpiece fell off of my camelback apparently at the beginning of the ride last night - need back up water! Ugh I've been too antsy to ride to mess with adding water bottle cages. :confused: Lesson learned.
I also had a problem with a camelback stainless insulated water bottle mouthpiece. Weak point of their design. I got two stainless steel insulated water bottles from Costco for the price of one camelback. They keep water cold almost as well, but the mouthpiece is designed much better -- lasts a lot longer.