Silvio on trainer - Squeaky Noise

kenhardwick

Just did my first ride with Silvio mounted on indoor trainer. I am noticing some squeaky noise.
I did tighten up all the connections especially around the carbon fiber rear stay and front chainstay.
Is the squeaky noise something I should be expecting ?
Are others experiencing this noise or does your Silvio run fairly quiet on your indoor trainer ?

randyspann

Hi Ken - I use an indoor

Hi Ken - I use an indoor trainer with my silvio. No squeeks! Not sure where your noise is coming from!

kenhardwick

Randy....thanks...

Didn't want to try to fix something that wasn't broke..guess I need to recheck to make sure all the connections are tight..

thaddeus

Squeaks and creaks on Silvio

Hi Ken, I was tormented my creaks from the front end of my secondhand Silvio until I dismantled it in desperation. Until then I'd imagined that a clamp somewhere was loose, or that the bottom bracket was failing, or there was a sticky seal in the fork crown shock ...

The answer lay in the shorter height of the bike's first owner. When making the adjustments to the TFT for my height, I'd overlooked the bottom bracket chainstay clamps. As the length of the TFT alters, both the quick release axle and the bottom bracket chainstay clamps must be loosened so that they may be then tightened with the flexible chainstay in a 'relaxed' state. I had inadvertently allowed these clamps to remain in a stressed position.

Similarly, once the geometry is right and the crown shock unit has the appropriate pressure, I sit on the bike with the quick release axle loosened to approximate the 'loaded geometry.' From the seated position I use my left foot to tighten the axle clamp.

A light smear of grease on the pivoting gudgeon pin within the headset clamp I'm sure helps also ...