Silvio or Quest?

randyspann

Hi All - I'm new to the forums. I'm considering a cruzbike purchase, but which one to buy! I'm an older fitness rider, my wife and I typically do 20mile rides after work and 30-50 mile rides on weekends. The last two years I've been experiencing shoulder pain after about 10 minutes riding, ultimately it gets real bad, so I went to the doctor and found I have damage in one shoulder to the rotater-cuff. Not bad enough for surgery, since it's only affected when bicycling, but bad enough to not enjoy riding. Long story, but that's what has led me to cruzbike... Now which model to purchase? Is the Quest enough bike for me? Is the Silvio to much? I tend to ride hard/push hard and we are in Vermont (lots of climbs/descents), no city, all road miles.

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
I have not ridden a Quest, but my gut feeling is; if you plan to travel and need the folding capability, get the Quest. If you have a lot of rough roads and want/need the suspension, get the Quest. For everything else, get the Silvio.

Mark

defjack

Zen MBB Master
I have both the Silvio and a 451 Quest. I have about 6000miles on the Silvio and 600 miles on the Quest. I also have some shoulder problems and had to put touring bars on the Silvio for the longer rides. Most of my rides are from 15 to 60 miles and both bikes work well for that distance.The Quest might be a little better hill climber and I will get plenty of flake from that. Both bikes handle just fine at any speed. Mabey you could get a test ride? I found the Quest to be a lot faster than I thought it would be with 451 wheels but I havent riden it with 26 in yet. Jack

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
defjack wrote: The Quest might be a little better hill climber and I will get plenty of flake from that. Jack

Yes, you will! :D

I'd have to believe that to see it. :lol: :lol:

Mark

Kim Tolhurst

Hi,
A year ago I had to recover from a shoulder injury and and got to tell my Doc. cannot wait to get back on my bike. " oh no, not good " said the doc. Ah, but doc have a look at my bike. (Sofrider V2) " OH! in this case ride all you want" said doc. This I mention in favour of the Quest having an adjustable seat. Setting it, tweaking it, will bring you to a most enjoyable and beneficial postion.

cheers Kim.

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Kim Tolhurst wrote: Hi,
A year ago I had to recover from a shoulder injury and and got to tell my Doc. cannot wait to get back on my bike. " oh no, not good " said the doc. Ah, but doc have a look at my bike. (Sofrider V2) " OH! in this case ride all you want" said doc. This I mention in favour of the Quest having an adjustable seat. Setting it, tweaking it, will bring you to a most enjoyable and beneficial postion.

cheers Kim.

Kim,

Ordinarily, I would give you this one. However, I do have one caveat. Without going to extraordinary means, I have not been able to get the nose of the seat pan of a Sofrider to the same height as the silvio and that seems to be the difference, to me. The position on the Silvio appears to be near perfect. But otherwise, I agree, the seat of the Quest is infinitely more adjustable than the Silvio. It's also quite possible the seat pan adjustment is better on the Quest than the Sofrider. I am unable to confirm, nor deny this.

Mark

randyspann

Thanks to all for the replys - very interesting comments on the quest. One other thing to consider is I'm 6'6" tall, so I was kind of thinking the 155 crank on the Quest would not be as optimum as a 170 crank on a Silvio. Tall guys tend to like big cranks.