Silvio S30 fits into 26x26x10 travel case

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
I bought a Co-Motion Copilot travel case, which is a soft-shelled travel case with 26x26x10 external dimensions. This means that it can be checked as regular luggage.

I was amazed to find that I could fit almost all of a (*completely* disassembled) Silvio S30 with its wheels into it without much issue. With all parts excluding the seat, it weighs under 50 lbs (45.6lbs to be precise).
This actually also includes a TiGr 075 long bike lock!

It is now 4:50am, and I must leave for my flight at 5:30am so I won't be posting pictures on this end (the camera is packed along with the rest of the stuff. I hope to take a few snaps when I take it out of the case at the other end, but if it doesn't happen, know that it *can* happen).

One warning-- this did not include the seat (as I use a Volae Comfort Carbon XL seat). I'm not sure if the standard S30 seat would fit, but it looks maybe possible.

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
That series of photos/description is what prompted me to try to fit into the 10" deep box (where I think you have fit everything into the 12" box?).

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
Hours. Then again much of that was because I kept attempting to *not* disassemble it, was using different foam (since I just had recovered foam and some pipe insulation from Home Depot).
The pipe insulation plus a couple of "sheets" of soft foam material was key-- All of the various linear things got covered in pipe foam (either 3/4 or 1" diameter, depending).

If one simply accepts that a near complete disassembly is necessary, then I suspect ~1.5 hours or less.
Assembly time will be longer, of course, but since I was able to keep the cables in, hopefully the adjustment time will be low.

I'll be assembling today so I'll take photos.

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
I did take photos, but the campgrounds are without power, so I haven't been able to transfer/convert/upload/post them.
Hopefully the next campground will have power!