Silvio S30

Martinius Berg

I am new at this forum. I would like to buy a complete used Silvio S30 frame kit or complete Silvio S30 recumbent bicycle in good condition. Be kind to contact martinius.berg@bbnett.no

Martinius Berg
Randsfjordvegen 155
2860 Hov
Norway
Skype contact : Martinius Berg

Martinius Berg

Thank you for notifying me Charles. I have already posted a new thread post in the buying and selling section :)

Martinius Berg

hamishbarker

there is a silvio 2 frame for sale in Charlotte, North Carolina, USA, on bentrider online. Nothing to do with me, just cross posting to help Martinius.

http://www.bentrideronline.com/messageboard/showthread.php?t=120179 he is asking for US$1850.

it's black, the s30 is white. The only real difference I think is that the seat on the silvio 2 is not full carbon and weighs about 500gm more than the new full carbon one on the s30.

Peder Torgersen from Grimstad Norway has a Vendetta 2 (not for sale as far as I know) and I think maybe a sofrider. If he's near you he might be helpful in giving you a test ride or with setup if you manage to get hold of a silvio.

Martinius Berg

Well thank you for the information hamishbarker I will try to get in contact with the person in Charlotte NC. Hope he ships to Norway :) ?

Martinius Berg

There is a online shop located in Grimstad whom sells the Cruz bikes. The same guy maybe . Maybe go there by car to do a test ride and see how i like it ? Its a 4 hours drive from my place though !

Martinius Berg

Thanks Papou fore your information. This a Silvio 20 series right ?I will contact the seller and ask fore more information and photos.

Friendly regards Martinius Berg

Martinius Berg

Buying an expensive bike gives always question so in my case to !

Thanks for your detailed information Jeremy . I got an e. mail from the french gentleman , with detailed photos . The bike looks good and is complete. But i have some tech questions to the forum members ! My total body length is 188 cm , my legs measures 120 cm ( measured from the backside of my bump to foot sole when in sitting postion against the wall ) . My question is will the actual frame setup be big enough fore my body length ?
What do you guys think of the derailleur /gearing setup and its quality ?

The gentleman in question is asking 1900 Euro for his bicycle with a 1000 km on it. I will post some photos of the bicycle so tell me what you guys think about the bike.

Information from owner:

Seat height : 550mm (21.5")
X-seam range : 915mm (36") to 1245mm (49")
When build with the Chainstay Extension option: x-seam range is 965mm (38") to 1295
(51")
The boom of the bike is not cut or modified: full length and extension capability.

Installed parts in french :
Roues Mavic Ksyrium Equipe S. Pneus Mavic Yksion Comp état neuf ( 2 x Marathon Racer, en section de 30 encore bons, en sus) Groupe Shimano Sora compact 175 mm, 50-34, 9v. Cassette 12-36 et dérailleur Deore. Poids total avec pédales auto : total weight bike 13 Kg

Hope to get some information to my questions Martinius :)

Attachments

• DSC02503_2.jpg
    DSC02503_2.jpg
    598.2 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC02505_2.jpg
    DSC02505_2.jpg
    530.9 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC02507_2.jpg
    DSC02507_2.jpg
    709.5 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC02509_2-2.jpg
    DSC02509_2-2.jpg
    526.2 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC02512_2.jpg
    DSC02512_2.jpg
    555.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Jeremy S

Dude
My total body length is 188 cm , my legs measures 120 cm ( measured from the backside of my bump to foot sole when in sitting postion against the wall ) . My question is will the actual frame setup be big enough fore my body length ?
I think your legs are 2-3 inches longer than mine. Longer legs can be accommodated using a chainstay extension (sold by Cruzbike). I was able to ride my Silvio 2.0 comfortably with no chainstay extension, and now with a 50mm custom extension. I would expect that the standard 100mm extension would work well for you, or maybe the 150mm if you wanted your feet higher for a more aerodynamic position.

Adding a chainstay extension tends to lower the handlebars into your lap or chest. You can compensate for this by adding a steerer tube extension above the fork (not sold by Cruzbike).

Basically I think you should be able to fit the bike but you may need to add on some of the above mentioned bits.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
+1 Jeremy's notes.

Bike looks clean and almost new. If you add the extension you'll need to re-cable it. But I suspect you'd want the extension AFTER you learns to ride it stocks; but just a guess. Easy to add and I don't see your height as an obstacle if the boom wasn't' modified.

Martinius Berg

Hello Papou

The french gentleman had already sold the Silvio when i contacted him by mail. But i hope a new opportunity to buy another one Silvio:) comes in the near future.
A silvio 2.2. or S 30 frame set or complete used bike would make my day.

Thank you fore asking Martinius.
then this bike?