Silvio seat insert

Daniel Lavigne

Thanks for the good words, Yvan. My riding issue with the low seat angle of the Silvio 2.0 is the position of the head on the head rest when you encounter bumps. Otherwise, it's OK. But I find that the jolts on the neck take away all the pleasure of riding. The wedge solves the problem with no penalty on performance, comfort and versatility ( It can be cut at any angle and it can be removed in an instant). And it is firmly anchored to frame; you have to pry it out by lifting the seat and holding the bike down firmly. No chance of it falling out. The seat will disengage from the wedge before the wedge from the frame.

If one wants a head rest, it can be bolted on the back of the seat like I did on my Softrider. But at this comfortable angle, there is no need for a head rest.

As far as age is concerned, it only becomes an issue when health problems creep in. Otherwise, a recumbent is the ideal bike for seniors: it is comfortable, safe and fun. When the moving bracket riding technique is mastered, Cruzbikes are easier to ride than the the regular recumbent which are too light on the front end. A light 20" wheel makes a bike unstable on non paved roads. That's why I never use my V-Rex which I will put it up for sale shortly. That's why also I sold my Vision 50 after I bought my Sofrider.

Ivan

Guru
Hmmm... you managed to

Hmmm... you managed to somehow reply to me and accidentally created a new thread! To reply and keep things in the same thread, just type your response in the blank comment box below at the bottom of this page. This will appear when you are logged in.

Yes, my head is also not comfortable on bumps but fine on smooth asphalt. So I always lift my head a little at bumps -- the same bumps where I would unweight myself off the saddle a little on my DF. But if my road was very bumpy, then having to lift ones head would not be fun at all.

Very interesting what you say about comparing to RWD bents. The Silvio is my first bent so I don't have a reference point. Many people say that the Cruzbike front-end is heavy (in a negative sense) but that this is not apparent when you actually ride it. What you are saying is that you like the front-end being heavy because it is MORE stable especially on unpaved roads.