Silvio seat

Tolderol

"I believe that with this tread we run into a similar situation as we lived once in November 2013 with a member called pRC from Raleigh, NC. He drove John T. nuts until he gave his final answer (read John T. Nov.9 2013)"

After some digging I found this on the site. I see now why you didn't quote it in your post. (I'm pasting it below for those curious.) Thanks for the heads up. I will assume I fall into the same category of customer and will take my business elsewhere. Cruzbike and I will both be happier, because -- and I operate my own small business too -- as the commenter immediately following John T. remarked, there are other approaches to customer service than this company's.

Bye.

John T., 9 Nov. 2013: "I don't take the view the customer is always right, nor that the customer is always worth the effort. If you can't make sense of the information provided, please go elsewhere, you will not be missed".

JOSEPHWEISSERT

Zen MBB Master
Indeed this is one of the problems with DF, you look down and not ahead.

But by "the road ahead" I also meant "the stuff around you". Many people have remarked, some on this thread I believe, that if you ever do something like enter an intersection with a seat like this you have to sit up if you want to look around for cross traffic and stuff like that. Of course you can see the road ahead on your Vendetta. But you don't get much of a wide-angle view. It's like the way driving a pick-up truck is a lot better to see what's happening on the road ahead and to the side of you then being down low in a sports car.
I have found that I can either stay reclined or sit up - either works well for me. At first I had to sit up at every intersection, but that was so that I wouldn't fall down. Now that I have pretty good balance, I can enter an intersection in a reclined position and still be able to look left and right with just as much safety as when sitting up.

Tolderol

This is the second forum I've contributed to in my life. Each time I've been chased off by a herd mentality. You might want to look up the definition of troll and ask yourselves in good faith if it fits.

"I sold my Raleigh Revenio with a bit over 1100 miles on it - wrist pain. Bought a Trek CF Domane that was supposedly the best bike on the market for wrist pain (according to the bike shop) because it has a more upright position to reduce the weight on your wrists - sold it after only 660 miles and multiple tries at getting fit on it. Bought the Silvio S30 - 172 miles so far - not quite used to it yet but no pains and more speed than I could wring out of the 19 pound Trek. How is it not a roadbike?"

You went from one DF to another because of wrist pain and still experienced wrist pain? Well, yeah. And now the Silvio gives you no wrist pain? Of course not. No more than driving a car given the recumbent position.

It's not a road bike because, as someone above mentioned, it's become some sort of high-performance endurance bike, which is not what a road bike is. A road bike should give you a clear view of things in front and to the side, to start.

I just looked at the blurb for the Silvio on this site on the products page. It's distinctively different than it was a couple of years ago, clearly being marketed to some sort of hard-core push yourself to the limits market. If that's what Cruz's marketing is telling them the market for this is, great. But a road bike is not a push yourself to the limit endurance bike, sorry.

Au contraire, cheri.
Thanks to the Internet and old school dictionaries, we have generally agreed upon definitions of what is and is not a "road bike":
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_bicycle
https://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/road-bike

Nothing in there precludes any Cruzbike from being a "road bike". In fact, wikipedia specifically includes both endurance and recumbent bikes in its description.

An apt saying: "don't feed the troll".

Yes guys, there's a saying, "don't feed the troll".
18ixhcr5g3522jpg.jpg

Cruzbike Chris

This thread really is funny and reminds me of an elderly boss I had back in my Air Force days many, many years ago. He complained nearly everyday how his new car was killing him everyday on his drive to work. He said it is killing his neck and back, so uncomfortable he can't get used to it . After about a month I remember him coming into the shop laughing out loud uncontrollably. I asked what was so funny. He said the "dumb guys at the dealership" that sold him this new shiny car way back in 1979, forgot to tell him it had this new fancy feature, "tilt wheel". He had been driving it in the up, "bus driver" position this whole time. He just realized it and now it was suiting him just fine. Funny huh?

1happyreader

zen/child method
To Ignore someone you need to go to your account and set it up there!
Heh Slim,,,,,, there is an easier way !!
1.Click on the avatar area of the person you wish to ignore.
a pop up box appears for that user.
2. You may now click on ignore or one of the other available actions.
done.

Tuloose

Guru
I initially found the seat angle on my Silvio 2.0 to be too extreme also.
I actually found it more difficult to adjust to the laid back seat angle than to the MBB design.
I experimented with yoga mat foam padding added to the seat & head rest to bring me into a slightly more upright position.
Note: My previous bikes were a Burley Django, a Rans Stratus XP, Rans Screamer and a Lightning P-38 which I still own, all bikes with upright positions.
As I put more miles on my Silvio though, currently 3,000, I find I am becoming acclimated to this position.
I have taken out the padding I initially added except for a piece in the headrest.
I recently had a chance to try an older Silvio 1.0 and I think I prefer my 2.o although I do wish I could adapt a rear rack to my Silvio as can be done on the older models.
I have saved my P-38 for rides when there is a possibility of rain.
With the more upright position and with a hat with visor under my helmet I do not get as much rain on my glasses and the fairing I have mounted keeps my legs dry.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Ratz has the solution:- Lost in the forum migration; there were a few standard ones. It's a cool rack based on the clamp Steve made for my water bottle rig. I think I have the picture in my email somewhere.....(time passes) yep there it is.

621-32c9ad70972acb0ca7c1ef84e4b73bef.jpg
622-77afb2bd6fc85c4940b0b62303ddc4ca.jpg

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
My carbon-fiber Volae seat mounting has two positions: A bit more upright than the standard S30, and a bit more reclined than the S30.
After nearly 3000 miles on the tour, I can say that the more upright position is a winner, at least for touring on crappy roads.
Here are the two factors that keep the seat where it is (i.e. slightly more upright):
1) Climbing steep hills, less wheel slip with more weight forward. I often actually sit basically upright and the CF seat cups my butt well in that position.
2) Descending steep hills (regularly ~50mph). I need a better view of the road when the road (and its )(*!@#& potholes) is coming up at me so fast that my helmet and glasses are vibrating.

Assuming I have a will to keep tinkering, I'll be thinking about doing a variable angle on the CF seat. I really want different positions for the flats vs up&downs.