Silvio transport

HC203

I'm sure this has been discussed-but wondering what people use to transport their Silvio. Will a standard roof rack tray work or should it be tandem length. I have a hitch mount but that seems like it may be problematic. I will likely be transporting my Silvio to some flat rides out on the eastern shore of MD-good long flat training routes.

1happyreader

zen/child method
Any body got a DF they can measure for wheelbase ??
Trek site doesn't think wheelbase is a detail ?
saw one post that said 103 cm
giant's tcr advanced sl 2 xl frame listed as 102 cm

Silvio wheelbase: 102 cm (40")

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
Standard roof rack works fine. I use a bungee to ensure that nothing even attempts to flop about by passing it through the rear wheel and then arounfld the handlebars. This also makes getting it on or off the roof easier since the front
wheel won't flop about.

And by standard, I mean either the kind that puts it's own axle into the "front" wheel dropouts (rear on Cruzbike), or the kind that clamps over the "front" wheel.

Zzzorse

Zen MBB Master
I have the Sportwing also.
It is inexpensive, very light weight and can be broken down quickly and does not take up any room in your truck either!
It will carry 2 bikes. I think they also have a 4-bike version available.
Can you post a photo with your Vendetta up on it ?

Zzzorse

Zen MBB Master
The minimalist SportWing Larry's got would be what I would have got had I known. Can't beat the small size or price.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
For anything more than around the block or down the street Swap in regular wheels fancy stuff in the trunk.