Silvio%20v1_5%20Build%202.jpg height: 150px;
Silvio%20v1_5%20Build%204.jpg height: 150px;
Silvio%20v1_5%20Build%203.jpg height: 150px;
Silvio%20v1_5%20Bottom%20Bracket%20small.jpg height: 150px;
Silvio%20v1_5_2-2012%20Small.jpg height: 150px;
Silvio%20v1_5%20on%20common%20Roof%20Rack.jpg height: 150px;

Firecracker

Silvio v1.5

Thanks for pics, Rick. I'm still waiting to hear if it's going to adjust small enough for me! At least, I can be happy for ya and enjoy the build vicariously. Enjoy the journey.

dalehough

I am 5'6" and I had to

I am 5'6" and I had to shorten it all the way up with some pressure on the chain stay to get the right fit.

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
Nice photos! Do you have a

Nice photos! Do you have a link to bigger higher resolution ones? The new "J" boom gives it a nice curved look.

Drew

Congratulations on the build

Congratulations on the build and thanks for posting your pics. Now the real fun starts.

laidback4HU

silvio contemplated

Your pictures are inspiring.
You mention Silvio geometry and neck pain.
Doing massage therapy for forty years gives me a sense of what you may be going through as you strain your throat muscles holding your head up from the recumbent "laid back" posture.
So now, how is the ride?
Am toying with going over to Sebring Florida this weekend to meet Maria and her husband and to see first hand these bikes.
Please let me know how you found the build , the design, the manufacturing quality and any other experiences you are willing to share.
I am curious which wheels you chose and how you find they function.
Have just sent a question to The Parkers asking about the Aero 700C wheel /tire combo. Will they give any noticeable improvement in function for the additional cost?
Grateful for this forum to be able to talk with other Cruz owners.
TR

Firecracker

Silvio pics

I am 5'6" and I had to shorten it all the way up with some pressure on the chain stay to get the right fit. (Dale Hough)

Thanks for mentioning your experience, Dale; unfortunately, my dilima is the opposite spectrum (5'2", 37" x-seam!!).

Enjoy the journey...

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
We have a pretty wide fitment range, confirmed

alt="Siilvio and Vendetta sizing fitting"
Silvio-Vendetta_sizing.jpg

Those are the size ranges in x-seam inches.

For the shorter Silvio I will need to work with you to get the fit right. After getting the leg length adjusted, I will need to see a good quality side on picture of the rider on the bike, with both feet on the pedals (you'll have to lean against a wall). It can be surprising how different the torso length can be for people of the same leg length, and how different the shin length can be. When we are fitting at the short end of the adjustment range, we have to consider this, to make sure we also get the hand position in the best place. When I see your picture I look to see if any improvements to the handlebar position might be recommended.

dalehough

My x seam is 39 not 42. I

My x seam is 39 not 42. I don't know if you could go any shorter with the pedals. Any shorter than that bends the chainstay in less that don't matter.

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
couple of tricks for shorter settings

For the shorter settings, consult me on email, with a photo. There are a couple of tricks to explore.

dalehough

I will send you a photo of

I will send you a photo of how I have it set right now. I am at work right now though so it will have to be later.

Rick Newton

The build, the design, the manufacturing quality

JR - The design and manufacturing quality are excellent. I really enjoyed building it too. Whatever glitches I had (posted in Forum,) were overcome by support from Doug Burton, John Tolhurst, & Jim Parker.
The ride yesterday (33 miles) was very fast and induced many smiles on my face. N o neck pain, as it is the upward looking position that compresses my bulging cervical discs.
The Mavic wheels came off my road race bike. They are 2003 vintage.
There were a couple of things about the build that needed tweaking, both of which are mentioned throughout this forum. Both are minor. Tech support was great.
ak-tux - I'll send higher res. photos via YouSendIt shortly.

thebean

Dale,
Have you worked out the

Dale,

Have you worked out the fit issues? Doug had shared with me that John and he did a tremendous reding so that the v1.5 would fit shorter riders. I am hoping you have resolved the fit!

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
I posted photos...

in this thread:

http://cruzbike.com/does-silvio-v1.5-fit-short-riders

of modifications I did for a customer's Silvio, one of the first 1.5's we sold. This customer had an even shorter x-seam than in these discussions (32 inches, as I remember). She and I had a deal that I would make the modifications for free if she would provide feedback on how the bike worked out and what she encountered at the LBS finalizing the assembly and adjustment. This was to help me explore what's required to extend the fit envelope further to the short side, and to understand any issues the LBS's might encounter.

I found that despite a pretty good instruction set, setting the boom parameters isn't an obvious process for some folks - once they realize the upper and lower front tubes are designed to allow separate adjustment of x-seam and handlebar position, things work out fine.

If you have questions about these modifications, I can answer them.

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
Oh... and another thing -

We don't like to see bowed front chain stays.

If you have adjusted the front end to fit you, and your carboyoke (chain stays) are bowed, please contact me.

If the chainstays are bowed, they will be stressed in a direction for which they were not designed, and failure could occur over particularly hard impacts.

This is important.