Silvio Wanted - Milwaukee, WI

Paladin

Anyone interested in selling a Silvio frameset, or full bike, please let me know.

Marc Ward
Brookfield, WI

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Marc,

It's always worth a shot, but I doubt you'll find a used one. They're still pretty exotic here in the US. I'm just guessing, but I bet there isn't more than a dozen all together. Maybe John could shed some light. It's a fun bike, though! Fun to ride and fun to have something that IS so exotic and yet, affordable.

Mark

Paladin

Mark B wrote: Marc,

It's always worth a shot, but I doubt you'll find a used one. They're still pretty exotic here in the US. I'm just guessing, but I bet there isn't more than a dozen all together. Maybe John could shed some light. It's a fun bike, though! Fun to ride and fun to have something that IS so exotic and yet, affordable.

Mark

Mark, why does your sig say "Silvio R.I.P."?

Also, is that why your sig also references "Silvio II". Replacement? Is it a newer version?

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Paladin wrote:
Mark B wrote: Marc,

Mark

Mark, why does your sig say "Silvio R.I.P."?

Also, is that why your sig also references "Silvio II". Replacement? Is it a newer version?
My first Silvio was involved in a roof rack/low overhead accident. Replacement frame will (hopefully) be ordered soon, provided my bank and or insurance company can pull their heads from their butts.

Mark

Paladin

[/QUOTE]
My first Silvio was involved in a roof rack/low overhead accident. Replacement frame will (hopefully) be ordered soon, provided my bank and or insurance company can pull their heads from their butts.
Mark[/QUOTE]

Yikes, that must have been ugly.

You know, sometimes I think I am crazy for thinking of this. Buying a new frame for $2,100 and then building it out, is gonna get me a $3,000+ bike that I have never ridden or seen. I have one recumbent (Rans Formula V2 LE 26/20) and need another bike not at all.

Am I crazy for being intrigued by this adventure?

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Paladin wrote: You know, sometimes I think I am crazy for thinking of this. Buying a new frame for $2,100 and then building it out, is gonna get me a $3,000+ bike that I have never ridden or seen. I have one recumbent (Rans Formula V2 LE 26/20) and need another bike not at all.

Am I crazy for being intrigued by this adventure?

Not at all. I pondered the same thing. I had a Bachetta Strada and my trusty old Vision R42. I didn't need another bike, but I got intrigued by the front wheel drive. So, I ordered the conversion kit and built one. To tell the truth, the first few attempts to ride were horrendous, but I had read from others that the learning curve was short, but steep. Sure enough, I got the hang pretty quick and understood what all the buzz was about. It wasn't long after I tried to ride my Bachetta again that it and the Vision went up for sale to finance my Silvio. No regrets, none whatsoever. The only regret I have with my Silvio is that low overhang. :oops:

Mark

dmc

I have a Silvio frame I want to sell. One out of the original production run. Was built up and ridden, low miles. Components are now on another bike. Let me know if you if are interested and we can discuss further.

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
dmc wrote: I have a Silvio frame I want to sell. One out of the original production run. Was built up and ridden, low miles. Components are now on another bike. Let me know if you if are interested and we can discuss further.
Where are you located, DMC? How much are you looking to get for it?

Mark

JonB

Zen MBB Master
Mark B wrote:
dmc wrote: I have a Silvio frame I want to sell. One out of the original production run. Was built up and ridden, low miles. Components are now on another bike. Let me know if you if are interested and we can discuss further.
Where are you located, DMC? How much are you looking to get for it?
I knew it, you are trying to start a team. How did you get Armstrong onboard?

hey dmc im heaps keen on gettin a silvio
how much ya chasen
im in western australia happy to pay shipping for right deal
travis.tompkin@gmail.com

Tom Roberts

I would be interested in your Silvio frame set. How much are you asking for it? I am located in Irvine, CA.
Thanks,
Tom Roberts

dmc

Mark,
I live in Seattle, WA and I am looking to get $1200 + shipping. My e-mail address is d_cain@hotmail.com.

Hey guys,
Someone was blessed to grab this Silvio 'second handy'. ME!:lol: Looking forward to choosing components using the expertise of all of you Silvio riders. If this bike brings back some of the joy I had as a youngster when I rode my bike, then it will have been well worth the cost.
Daniel

PS Thank you David.

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Danielpeper wrote: Hey guys,
Someone was blessed to grab this Silvio 'second handy'. ME!:lol: Looking forward to choosing components using the expertise of all of you Silvio riders. If this bike brings back some of the joy I had as a youngster when I rode my bike, then it will have been well worth the cost.
Daniel

PS Thank you David.

Incredible.... Welcome to the club! You have been assimilated.

Mark

Hi Ho Silvio!
After checking around for prices, I pulled the trigger. ( The weather is sweet in Michigan this time of year!) Since I have little experience working on bikes, I decided to have a LBS do the full build. (I get to watch :) I just bring the frame parts over and presto chango it is done. Ordered all Ultegra 6600: 50-34 crankset 10 speed 175 Crankset, 12-27 cassette, Ultegra hubs and Velocity Fusion Black rims with Stelvio 700x28c tires, WTB Mountain Road Bar. Supposed to be here by Friday. I'm geeked.
Daniel