Singapore 100km Tour with 2 DF Riders

Ivan

Guru
I was riding to work the other day, when 2 DF riders pulled up beside me asking for directions. The Sherlock in me deduced they were North American visitors (Toronto actually), so I told them to follow me as they were too late to meet the group they were trying to meet with. Not rushing to work that morning, I took a scenic 35km route ending up at the coffee shop near my office where we refueled. We were having such a great time, and the weather was so good, that I took the day off at the last minute and we went riding.

Michael and Wayne loved it so much, as they had been to Singapore many times but this was the first long ride they did and they got out of the central city. Michael made this superb video on Vimeo that crams 100km into 100 seconds! You get to see Silvio mixing it up with 2 DF's. They had rented these for the day and slapped on their own pedals and accessories. Video was shot on a GoPro in a waterproof casing hanging from a beautiful K-Edge mount.

https://vimeo.com/user11095473/review/86054790/348f0d5ded

They weren't 'bent knowledgeable riders, but they really liked the look of Silvio, especially that it had 700c wheels and looked roadie (especially with my newly fitted road handlebars). "Must be really comfortable" they said. When I asked whether they could get any draft off me the answer was, "Not much, I could feel the wind coming up over you and hitting my chest." Similarly, I am too low to get much of a draft of them...a little but not much as I am their legs and hip height. Really fun...first time I took off work for a long ride like that ever! Any sunburn was worth it!

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
Very cool Ivan! It also looks

Very cool Ivan! It also looks like it was a fast ride!

mauler

Ivan, the picture in your

Ivan, the picture in your post, where was that, please? Ta!

chrisblessing

Great video

Very nice Ivan. Thanks for sharing. The best part of all this isn't the video, but the bit about you taking the day off at the last moment to be on your bike. Right priorities.

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
Very nice!
(Ya know, Ivan,

Very nice!

(Ya know, Ivan, your bike is enough to make me jealous. You don't really need to keep posting these stories! :D)

Vargas

hehehehe

Besides learning a lot in this forum we get some fun as a bonus.

But I have to agree, that Bike looks gorgeous!

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
Yes, Ivan's bike is gorgeous

Yes, Ivan's bike is gorgeous but right now I'd prefer to have his riding weather....

-Eric

( currently snow-bound and freaking cold but shortly enroute to Bike Sebring for which I am not as prepared as I wanted to be partly because of the freaking cold snow-boundedness... )

tongue_smile.gif

Ivan

Guru
What We Make Of It

After that nice ride, I've been trying to find little bits of road less traveled in my tiny country. I discovered this little excursion which shows my steed with other steeds! It almost feels like I'm in Kentucky again...

14+-+1

The average person here says, "Singapore is not safe for cycling. Too much traffic! It's too hot to ride a bicycle unlike in other countries." Well, you guys did see some crazy traffic in other posts right? But I guess we each have to find our little moments of serenity in the fast-paced world we live in...looking for those silver linings wherever we ride - sun, sleet, or snow.

14+-+3" ;

Those Zefal Spy mirrors are helpful for getting yourself in the picture...

14+-+4

Roy, you asked where that earlier screenshot was - it was Old Upper Thomson Road. And in case you don't recognize the horses, it's Mt Pleasant Rd.