Sizing conundrum

Which frame size should I choose?

• Total voters

scabinetguy

A note about Vendetta frame sizes. I measured my V 1.5 and compared it to my V 2.0. The 2.0 is 43" from the rear dropout to the front of the steerer tube. The V 1.5 is 40". The V 2.0 has more cockpit room than the V 1.5 and I believe that a medium 2.0 would fit a taller rider than a medium 1.5.

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
I think it's called a steerer tube extender not stem extender . There are plenty on ebay.
View attachment 755

Can those extenders be cut to size?

Wrong question. Try again. If one cuts that type of extender a bit, so that it is shorter than it comes from the mfg but higher than the bike's native steeerer tube, will the bolt that goes into the star-fangled nut be too long or can it go on down into the steerer tube? Am I even making sense? o_O

telephd

Guru
Can those extenders be cut to size?

Wrong question. Try again. If one cuts that type of extender a bit, so that it is shorter than it comes from the mfg but higher than the bike's native steeerer tube, will the bolt that goes into the star-fangled nut be too long or can it go on down into the steerer tube? Am I even making sense? o_O

Im looking at an extension now Reklined and if I understand you correctly, it appears that you could cut some of the end off the extension. There would be plenty of room in the steer tube on a S2.1 for the long bolt to pass through the star nut and into the tube unimpeded.