Sofrider equipped with Freerider handlebars

skepticelt

I would love to hear any observations about changing a sofriders standard handlebars to the free rider handlebars. . Also if I order the freerider handlebars do they come complete so I can mount them directly on my sofrider without having to buy any additional hardware. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide

Regards
Skepticelt

floridabike

Freerider Handlebars

I converted to the Freerider handlebars after trying several other designs and enjoy the feel. If I were to redesign them I would have a longer stem so that I could raise the front of the bars higher and tilt the bars down so they would be more vertical. I had a problem with the grips sliding off because of the constant pulling but found some grips with clamps that solved the problem. The bars come complete, no extra parts were required.

Phil
IMGP2263.JPG

Steven Bell

Hi Phil,
hate to activate an old thread but I was looking at a pic of your sofrider and noticed the larger tires on yours, what size and did you use stock rims?
Also when you installed the FR handlebars, (I just ordered mine), I see there is an insert and shim/washer in the kit, did you need to use them and where.
Last question, the front brake you have, what is it? I'm likely going to switch over the disc on the front.
Just curious, nice set up you have.