softrider 2.0 for sale

I have a softrider 2.0 for sale. The bike has all upgraded competents. Sram x9 shifter,sram rival crankset,sram rival brakes,and 700c bontrager wheelset with bladed spokes.I am asking 1000 dollars .The upgrades alone cost 850 dollars. Bike rides great shifts excellent.If interested call 901-502-5052.This is a bike that you will truly enjoy.

sergeremillard

Somewhat interested

Hello,

I'm new to recumbent cycling for myself. I have friends who own one, so I know what they are all about, designs etc. I'm attracted to Cruzbike because of the simplicity of the design and the resusability of standard components. But having never ridden one and the blogs about the learning curve, I'm a little intimidated. After reviewing the bikes, it appears I'd be interested in a Silvio for my long range goals for the bike. So couple my intimidation with the price tag on the Silvio, not to mention it not being returnable, and I'm really concerned.

Having said that, I might be interested in this Sofrider to introduce me to Cruzbike and recumbent riding. Would anyone say that this would help or is the design so different, that I will still have a learning curve to go through on the Silvio?
Assuming this bike is still for sale of course.

Thanks
Serge

Jeremy S

Dude
I don't want to hijack Paul's

I don't want to hijack Paul's thread but yes, it works very well to learn on a Sofrider and then transition to a Silvio. That's exactly what I did, and there was basically no learning curve going to the Silvio. The Sofrider is a great first Cruzbike.

Wannabe

JEREMY

A SOFRIDER as a first CB makes alot of sense. I have some questions please. I am 230 pounds w/o cycle shoes on....lol... Is the sofrider as set up stock

1. What angles is the seat adjustable to?
2. Would 700c wheels help with anything?
3. I ride club rides with a GRR and zipper faring now. We ride at 15 to 18 MPH for 28 to 40 miles. How much more difficult ( if at all) would that be to do on a Sofrider? Would 700C wheels help in that effort
4. Can one upgrade the rear shock? would it help the performance any?

Thanks for your thoughtful answers. Anyone else who wants to give some good ideas are most welcome!

Cheers,
David