SOLD: Most of S30 with front suspension for sale

suspended S30 frame, curved boom, 100mm chainstay extension, complete front disc brake wheel with Schwalbe Marathon Plus 700x25 tire, 10 speed 11x36 cassette, rear caliper breaks.

I'm in Clovis, CA

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Marshall I am interested in the S30 frameset, with carbon seat and front and rear suspension, 100mm extension, curved boom, just in case it is needed for my Aero belly, but not he drive wheel, or brakes! What has happened to the other parts?
Would you be able to pack it into a cardboard box of similar size to the original?
What price do you want?
Can you upload any photos?

hurri47

A) In what sense is it incomplete?
B) How much do you want for it?

I saw the craigslist post with photo and I don't see anything missing.

-Dan

Available for purchase:
S30 suspended frame with high pressure pump
curved boom or straight boom or both
Cruzbike bullhorn bars (has scratches)
brake levers
paddle shifters: friction 2 speed front, indexed 10 speed rear
hand built sturdy front wheel with 10 speed 11x36 cassette, Schwalbe Marathon Plus 700x25c tire, disc brake disc
front disc brake
100mm chainstay extension
rear caliper brakes

needs: bottom bracket and crankset, rear derailleur (recommend X9), seat and pads, rear wheel.

$1100 plus shipping for all of it. It's at a Cruzbike dealer's shop in Clovis CA.

Here's some photos of it when it had a 150mm chainstay extension. Sorry, I don't have great photos.

Attachments

• s1.jpg
    s1.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 59
  • s2.jpg
    s2.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 58
  • s3.jpg
    s3.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 60
Yea, and the carbon chainstays as well. Dan, the California Cruzbike dealer, couldn't find any signs of damage on them but it's better to play it safe with carbon. He gave the bike a thorough investigation and it's at his bike shop. I'm sure he can answer any questions you have about condition.

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
If Slim doesn't pick it up, I'll happily pick it up. It is all of the S30 that I need, and none of the parts (it sounds like) I don't need.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Tiltmaniac, just ring the bike shop to find out what parts are OK first!
I emailed him on Friday, as ringing from Australia is a bit expensive, but no reply yet!

super slim

Zen MBB Master
The carbon fibre suspension stays on the Silvio V1.0 2008 have a Titanium core, so a strong magnet sticks the the stay, so tough!
Unless the bike got hit in the rear by a car, the CF stays/suspension should be OK.

I rode 30 km after the rear top Titanium spring broke, on some fast downhills, with only the top urethane spring and the bottom Titanium/CF suspension stay (95% for sideways alignment, 5% for up/down spring rate). It is a VERY SIMPLE EFFECTIVE suspension arrangement, with no pivot points to wear out!!!

Last edited:
The carbon fibre suspension stays on the Silvio V1.0 2008 have a Titanium core, so a strong magnet sticks the the stay, so tough!
Unless the bike got hit in the rear by a car, the CF stays/suspension should be OK.

I rode 30 km after the rear top Titanium spring broke, on some fast downhills, with only the top urethane spring and the bottom Titanium/CF suspension stay (95% for sideways alignment, 5% for up/down spring rate). It is a VERY SIMPLE EFFECTIVE suspension arrangement, with no pivot points to wear out!!!

It was struck from behind by a motorist.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
It was struck from behind by a motorist.
Elliot, I hope that YOU were not badly hurt!
And after 6 months to recover from the shock, and hopefully only minor injuries, that you are able to "Climb back on the horse!" and ride again, but mainly on bicycle paths, and minor roads!

I faired well given the circumstances of the collision but I'm out of energy and motivation. This cycle of rebuilding bike and body over and over is killing me. I'm going to take a break from the roads.