Sold: Quest v2 559/451 for Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Quest v2 with 559 and 451 wheels

Once more with flare. Now that the Vendetta is of to new hands and destined for racing. It's time to find a Quest a new home. This was my Daughter's bike. She used it to master the MBB over the last 3 years; and has graduated to both the Di2 Silvio and to College Life. So it this Quest v2 is not getting any love (we have 3 others rigged up as gravel bikes); also I really need it's slot in the garage for a new QX100 for training and visitors next year.

$1350 Complete Bike Including:
Quest version 2
559 Wheel set and Long chain stay
559 Wheel set configured with 11-34 cassette for climbing
New CB Seeat and Back Pad (never used) <--- I think need to verify and box is in ceiling.
This is the version with front suspension.

Extras
Ventist Seat Pad
451 Dual Drive Wheel set
Short chain stay (swap in for easy travel and shipping)
Spare Click box (because you never want to be missing one)
Extra Cruzbike Elliptical ring (you want a spare just in case and you can't really get them anymore)
11-28 Cassette for the 559 wheel if you are a flat lander.
T-cycle under the frame bag
Frog Stain-steel pedals with bodies swapped for recumbent friendliness.

Bike packed and shipped as 3 boxes; 2 for the wheels and one for the frame. Buyer pays shipping charges via FedEx insured. Bike will need to be reassemble on your end but hey this is a Quest so that's easy.

If you come pick it up the price is $150 less

IMG_5772.jpg IMG_5773.jpg IMG_5774.jpg
mwrr-ratz4.jpg

Jeffyboy

Hey
Would you be interested in selling just the 451 wheelset and ventist pad, and does the wheelset include tires or no? If so what is the make model etc? Also I assume the wheelset includes rotors?

You wouldn't happen to have just a frame laying around would you? I have been looking at the Silvio etc but none are set the way I want so if I can find just a frame then I can build it my way

ratz

Hey
Would you be interested in selling just the 451 wheelset and ventist pad, and does the wheelset include tires or no? If so what is the make model etc? Also I assume the wheelset includes rotors?

I have two full 451 wheel sets, and an extra 559 set for that matter. So that is certainly a possibility. Some stuff I just packed away for winter; but I can dig them out after Recumbent-cycle-con to photo graph etc.

The wheels have rotors for Avid BB5 disc brakes, 9 speed cassettes pretty new < 800 miles.

I also have at least 1 set of Avid BB5 calipers and 1 set of breaks levers but the levers have a lot of use in them not pretty but totally functional. The Tires laying around are both the stock kendas and some duranos both have a few good miles left in them but nothing to write home about, I usually include what is mounted on the wheels. The tubes are always new as I rotate those out pretty regularly at the start of each season.

Ventisit pad probably stays with the bike as it has more bonus value with the bike; they are simply too affordable at $99 to be worth while moving a a used item separately

ratz

You wouldn't happen to have just a frame laying around would you? I have been looking at the Silvio etc but none are set the way I want so if I can find just a frame then I can build it my way

Nope no bare frames at the moment ; used the last one last summer for Quest Gravel bike build.

Ok I appreciate it. If you happen to come across one I am looking. Would Hate to waste the funds to buy a complete just to strip it apart to have to buy it all again

Reactions: joy

kyamezaemon

Hi. It's been several weeks since any posting. Is the Quest still available as described? Sorry, I'm very interested but wanted to check before talking to my other half. Thanks.

kyamezaemon

Thanks for your prompt response. I'm still keen but need an indication of what shipping is likely to be. Are you able to work out about how much would it be to send to Nagoya, Japan? I'm prepared to wait if it is cheaper. Also, thought it might be worth asking if you have a 'Q touring and commuting rack' that you are looking to move on as well. Thanks for your help.

kyamezaemon

Sorry, one more question. Do I need to be worried about the lifespan of the suspension on the front forks? Is it something that will need replacing in due course? Can the suspension be refurbished, or can the forks be replaced?

ratz

Shipping in the US is usually less than $150 with insurance using ship bikes.com which is what I do. The Vendetta just went out today and it was $117 going to Indiana.
I need to order the box tonight, for the Quest and get it folded and packaged the I can give more exact estimates, no clue on the international costs but expect that will higher. If shipping is the make or break item I'll have those answer by the weekend with luck..

kyamezaemon

Thanks Ratz. I am aware that the shipping is likely to be in the $300-$500 range for international and remain very keen. You are offering exactly what I am looking for to replace my Trek VRX200 conversion completed nearly 5 years ago. If the shipping is reasonable, I want to purchase. Thanks again for your help.

warob

Also, there is a possibility I can come and pick it up as I will be passing through your area in a few weeks.

ratz

What is the best way to proceed?
Right now. Kyamezemon is first in line as he/she is the first in line with a "I want to purchase" declaration. I just need to gather a real number. Box was ordered this am. You would be second in line. If you are going to be in this area; I have 1 more that is due for an upgrade, that I was considering making available; It's also got both sets of wheels but it missing the long chain stay, which I haven't had a chance to check availability on yet. If you want to discuss the other Q451 as a contigency shoot me a PM to change and we can avoid cluttering this thread.

For those watching, no I'm not abandoning Cruzbike, rather there are new products that would be good to have here for test rides; so there is 1 more Quest 451 and a Silvio 2.1 that I might rotate out of the garage and replace with Qx100 and an S30. People don't really want to test ride the old products.

Status
Not open for further replies.