SOLD! Thanks everyone... Silvio 2.0 for sale, loaded (discs, etc), in New York City area

sethgodin

Alas, my beloved Silvio has to be sold, as my shoulders and neck are responding really poorly to the geometry of the bike.

It's the best bike I've ever owned, just under 1000 miles so far.

Built by Nanda, full specs are attached below.

Prefer local pickup, but will put you in touch with my local bikestore, who will charge you to pack and ship if that's the best offer.

I paid just over $5,000, for sale for $3650. Questions and serious offers to: seth at sethgodin dot com.

Enjoy the beautiful summer!

silvio%20receipt.jpg

Lief

Guru Schmuru
Silvio 1.0?

Seth,
I have a 1.0 Silvio and a couple weekends ago I tested a 2.0 (very short ride) The difference in geometry is pretty major. Despite the recent advances in frame style, weight, stiffness, etc I am still very happy with the 1.0.

If you have the opportunity to try a 1.0 - I'd bring you mine but I'm in Seattle :) - you might find much of the same "awesome" but with a pretty profound difference in geometry; might be just the ticket for neck and shoulder issues.

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
Silvio v1.5

Not so long ago, there was a pristine (NOS) 1.5 in a warehouse somewhere northeast of where I am. She was a beauty, but someone who wanted a Silvio but not the reclined angle of the new one bought it.

Seth,

Is would you be interested in keeping the Silvio if the fit could be made to work? As you know, there is a lot of adjustability in the Silvio an maybe it just need to be dialed in better. I am wondering if you could provide photos of you on the bike, or even better a side view video of you riding on a trainer, maybe someone could see a potential fit/adjustment issue.

sethgodin

thanks guys

Andrew, I appreciate the kind offer.

I had a 1.5 and sold it after I upgraded.

The problem for me has always been shoulders and neck. The challenge with the 2.0 is that the recline is greater and for some reason, that ends up putting more pressure on the stuff that hurts. I used some lightweight bubble wrap to alter the recline, and it helped a bit, but I just spent the last week being really miserable post a 25 mile ride, and it's time to act my age and go back to my ancient lwb bike, I fear.

PS, Tenacious lemons?

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Everbody knows there body but....

Everyone know what works for them; but I'll chime in and ask is there any chance the boom is set to short and thus your hands are just too far forward. Mrs ratz had neck and arm soreness on the trainer when we fit her this winter. Will pull the bars back and the problem went away. She had been fooling herself into thinking we have it set right. It turned out she was unconsciously rolling both her shoulder forward to create the reach she needed. It wasn't obvious until we pull the bars back what she was doing.

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
Tenacious Lemons

Seth,

During a function at my fifth-grade daughter's school, one of the students was named "Tenacious Lemons", or so I thought. I was disappointed when my daughter showed me the girl's real name in her yearbook. It was close, but not as good as what I thought I heard.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Seth, I have neck pain also

Seth, I have neck pain also and found that the problem was not the recline of the seat, but the upper shoulder recline of the stock seat. So I replaced the stock seat with a typical hard shell carbon fiber seat. The main difference is the the hard shell carbon fiber seat mated with an Aero Don neck rest swoops up in the shoulder area positioning the neck more vertical.

Silvio_seat.jpg height:510px

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
Love that seat

Rick,

That looks great. It must work well too since you're ahead in the Cruzbike STRAVA standings ;-)

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Andrew, It works great for me

Andrew, It works great for me and helps support my neck and head, but I think my days in the limelight are numbered! Beginners luck!!