Some nice riding with some not as nice moments

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
Been there...

... Done that.

Got the (customized) T shirt.

Welcome to the "learn by doing" society. Hope you weren't injured.

Once that's out of the way, quick releases become much easier to remember! (they did for me, anyway...)

Cheers,

Doug

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
Hi Doug,
My elbow, leg, and

Hi Doug,

My elbow, leg, and pride are a little scraped, but they'll all heal fine. I had been watching "le tour" in the morning with my kids and my daughter asked why some of them looked so "hurt." I had told her that they weren't paying attention and they fell down. After I picked myself up after the spill I started to bike home (with the kids still happily upright in their trailer). She said "Daddy, did you fall down just like on TV?" "Yes baby. Exactly like that." :)

Cheers,
Charles

TJ671

If you had to do it again

Charles,

You seem very experienced with the softrider. I am about to purchase my first cruzbike and recumbent for that matter. If you had to do it again would you purchase a softrider or quest? I am going to ride it just for exercise. I have been riding a DF road bike three times a week for 20 - 30 miles a trip and once a year I would ride the bike in the local Hotter than Hell Century. At age 54 the DF road bike is really becoming a pain. I would love to purchase the silvio, but I just can't get my wife to agree to that purchase.

Your input would be greatly appreciated,

Tim

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
Hi Tim,
I'm very happy with

Hi Tim,

I'm very happy with my Sofrider and would buy it again (I would be lying if I said the price difference between the two had nothing to do with my chosing the Sofrider over the Quest).

I no longer travel for work, but if I did, I would give the Quest 451 a serious look (or even the 559 wheels although I like the gear-inch range on the 459 better) so I could take it with me (being able to fit the whole bike into a suitcase would be wicked-cool for when I was flying regularly to Geneva, Switerland!). The Quest is 5 (ish) lbs lighter than the Sofrider which isn't completely negligible when climbing large hills. (Note that I've never ridden a Quest, so I can't really do a fair comparison).

I figured it like this: I planned to buy the Sofrider. If I like it (which I now know I do), I can upgrade in a couple of years to a Silvio or (mwa ha Ha HA!) Vendetta. That's still the plan I'm working on. Even once I do, I'll keep my Sofrider for commuting and pulling kids in trailers/trail-a-bikes.

Long-story-short: I don't think you'll go wrong with either bike. If one has a feature you're looking for ( e.g., folding or price), then that makes the decision easier.

Good luck and let us know!

Cheers,
Charles

TJ671

Softrider or Quest

Hi Charles,

Thanks for the quick info. I'll be ordering my bike soon and will let you know my decision. I have enjoyed reading your Blog, its very informative. Keep it up!

Thanks again,

Tim