Sometimes my life is like a "Lexus" commercial

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
The Relentless Pursuit of Perfection! haha
When you get the bug, it is really like a never-ending testing project.

Now that I am laid up with all this road rash, I though I would try and figure out how to make more power on my V20. Since my Century record attempt on the nearly flat seat angle (and my overall lack of power) it reminded me of how much more power I could make on the Silvio with the 30 degree seat angle.
So, I am doing some playing around with 19" & 21" chainstays now to see if getting my feet a little higher will allow me to make more power. I know it will, but the really question remains is if the added "un-aeorness" of having my feet 2" higher is too much for the extra power I can make with the better hip angle.
More testing needed now of course!

Here's a video with a few pics and some video of me pedaling.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
He's been over so many times perhaps it's time to invest in a MIPS one.

DavidCH

The Relentless Pursuit of Perfection! haha
When you get the bug, it is really like a never-ending testing project.

Now that I am laid up with all this road rash, I though I would try and figure out how to make more power on my V20. Since my Century record attempt on the nearly flat seat angle (and my overall lack of power) it reminded me of how much more power I could make on the Silvio with the 30 degree seat angle.
So, I am doing some playing around with 19" & 21" chainstays now to see if getting my feet a little higher will allow me to make more power. I know it will, but the really question remains is if the added "un-aeorness" of having my feet 2" higher is too much for the extra power I can make with the better hip angle.
More testing needed now of course!

Here's a video with a few pics and some video of me pedaling.

Drop the bike by 2 degrees and change the seat. If I had huge amounts of cash that is what I would do. However there is no such thing as perfection. We all know one race is different to another. So aero for the flats and something else for the hills.

A quote. "Perfection is the acceptance of imperfection." If you understand that... then it will save you years of anguish.

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
If you want to absolutely thrash it and go all out, but are wobbly at speed, then you can go uphill as fast as you can and don't have to use the brakes. If you want to pretend you are Oslund or Perez, but you have legs like pipe-cleaners (for instance: me) you can go downhill as fast as you dare and try not to use the brakes.

DavidCH

Haaa. I haven't tried it but apparently you can go faster if you unclip one of the pedals and put both legs out straight.
:rolleyes::eek:

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Haaa. I haven't tried it but apparently you can go faster if you unclip one of the pedals and put both legs out straight.
:rolleyes::eek:
OR on a 45 deg Silvio V1.0 both pedals horizontal to the ground so the two knees are at the same height touching each other!

It makes 2 kph difference to pedals vertical on a 5% grade.

I don't know if this would work on a Vendetta as it could block the view of the road!

Last edited: