CarbonCraft Master
Spring 2015

Hey folks! It's Spring 2015.

Lets see your Spring rides.

16326117034_5257c0cefd_b.jpg height:565px;

seemark

My Vendetta

Some mods I did:

M5 carbon seat, Ocean Cycle tailbox, boom limiter/steering damper, stem extension-(For max aero, installed large chainstays though I am 5'9"), Custom paint-(reduced "Cruzbike" on boom, enlarged "Vendetta" on frame, etc)

Will be fabricating custom bars to lower hand position and enable use of twist shifters, (if I prefer them)

Click on picture to enlarge

Wannabe

more than one way to skin a

more than one way to skin a cat....http://www.cruzbike.com/wannabes-silvio

?now for the good news. Since my water and tote bag are completely behind me, and lots of research has shown that for Alloy wheels, none are faster than the Vigors, I have the fastest bike unless you are riding carbon. I said the bike is fast, me not so much. I can promise you this however, if this would have been available when I was in my 30~ 40's.... now that is a whole different story!

Apollo

Mark, very nice mods! I'm

Mark, very nice mods! I'm interested to see how you attached the spring damper to your frame if you can provide us with a pic or information. Your Vendetta looks fast standing still.

thwaters

Looks really cool. Sanger is where my niece and her family live. I live about 70 miles east and slightly south of you (Emory, TX). Like to meet you some time. However, I am an old retired science teacher (bad experiment photo!), and have a slow Softrider set up for touring and carrying heavy loads. I probably couldn't keep up if you stayed in lower gears! But I would like to see your Silvio sometime!

Cruzbike Chris

Looks really cool. Sanger is where my niece and her family live. I live about 70 miles east and slightly south of you (Emory, TX). Like to meet you some time. However, I am an old retired science teacher (bad experiment photo!), and have a slow Softrider set up for touring and carrying heavy loads. I probably couldn't keep up if you stayed in lower gears! But I would like to see your Silvio sometime!

Sounds good to me "thwaters" anytime just PM me and let me know. You can see my rides on Strava under the Cruzbike group too. I ride every day I get a chance so come on out if you are ever visiting family and bring that Softrider!

Last edited:

Happyrider

Photo taken last weekend on an HPV rally in Swiss Normandy. Still learning to ride the Vendetta. I rode in the "upright" position of the adjustable seat incline developed by the original owner, Phil Mousely, since the head rest is too low to support my head in the fully reclined position unless I want to look at the stars! Of course it doesn't support my head in the upright position, but then I don't need it so much. I need to work on the head rest. Perhaps I should take the Adem headrest from the Bacchetta and adapt it like Rick has. In any case the gearing (39/32) is too high for me on any climbs of more than perhaps 5%. Close to home that is not a problem, but in SWISS Normandy there are some hills. The gearing was also a problem on this ride because half of the riders were on trikes. On climbs on narrow roads the route to the top was often blocked by slow moving trikes. But I have to keep going at least 6 mph to keep the Vendetta vertical. :confused: And having to push hard to do so (when I wasn't blocked and ended up walking) creates quite a challenging interplay between pedal pressure and handlebar counter pressure. I did manage to get the Vendetta up to about 40 mph on a couple of descents. :)

For inquiring minds, the bag is from Angletech Aeropod.

cid:DF44DB6A-A9E2-4215-8F0B-8A6BA97990DD@home

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    559.5 KB · Views: 12

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
In any case the gearing (39/32) is too high for me on any climbs of more than perhaps 5%
Jeff, what is your cassette range? As you may have read on some other threads, I running 52x34 Q-rings and 13-42 cassette. I'm able to climb most of the hills in my area (I say most, not all, in the higher bigger climbs, there are some ascents that are well at or above my stamina level that takes some real digging, and there are those that I'm just not fit enough to tackle yet, but I've got my eye on them). Robert is running same chainrings as I, but with 11-40 cassette. We both live in hilly areas where climbing a necessity if you want to get out into beautiful mountain area rides. However, the Swiss Alps, that may be a whole different ball game.

Nice pic BTW!

hurri47

Happyrider, one of my Aeropods has a strip worn through the bottom from being not even as close to the tire as yours. Light loads only!

-Dan

Happyrider

Rick, I have Ultegra Di2 with 53/39 chainrings x 11/32 cassette, so my lowest gear is 39/32. Plus I'm out of shape and never have been a great climber. I could use lower gearing, but since there are no hills to speak of in this part of Champagne, it should mostly not be a problem. BTW, the ride was in the part of Normandy that the French call Swiss Normandy, not the Alps.

Hurri47, there is a bit more clearance on the AeroPod than what the photo suggests. Probably because I have added about 1" of rigid foam to the top of the headrest.