Stuart’s Red V2 Softrider (well almost).

Flasharry

For some reason I just thought it needed jazzing up a bit when I got it and I happened to have a roll of red electrical tape handy, so here is the result.

I have had the bike since the New Year and covered a good few fun filled miles on it now.

It's a great utility bike, a strong, extreamly comfortable, long distance, load carrier, that'll go most places too.
I currently, mostly use the bike for transporting our 13month old around on, which he seems to enjoy as much as I do.
I have some mad idea, i will make an extra cycle type carrier for it later, for the shopping and when my son gets too big for his current seat. If I want to ride alone and go fast, I’ve got another bike for that anyway.

Cheers.
Stuart

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
I wonder what would have happened if you had a roll of duct tape? :lol:

Glad you're having fun with your bike!

Mark

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
Pretty cool, Stuart!

I agree with you about the utility of this bike. It's not quite as fast as a Silvio (with a little component tweaking it can get pretty close, though). But the strong suit is the "go anywhere - do anything" nature of the bike. I think it puts the bike in its own class.

And it makes a reasonable canvas, too!

Have fun and keep posting!

Doug

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
Looks great!
The red and gray complement each other nicely.

The Sofrider really is the Sport Utility Vehicle of the bicycle world.

Enjoy!

-Steve

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
I agree the red looks pretty good on there. Got me to thinking if that were reflective tape, it would be not only decorative, but practical. But still, it looks good!

Mark

Flasharry

Mark B wrote: I wonder what would have happened if you had a roll of duct tape? :lol:

Mark
It's funny you should say that Mark. I have just nipped outside and taken a picture of the wife’s bike and guess what, it's totally covered in black duct tape. :lol:

Why would I be mad enough to do that i hear you ask??

The bike was lent to her for a short time, but she hated the colour, so for a quick reversible colour change, duct tape seemed the ideal solution That was 3 years ago.....

Incidentally, those are my Softrider wheels, which i have just put on there, (lent for 24 hours only) because she originally had big slow knobbly tyres and tomorrow morning we are unofficially tagging along to a 33mile charity ride that follows the Thames and crosses 14 bridges as it leaves London. It was a last minute decision, hence the tagging along bit.
As i can't ride my Softrider, I'll be forced to ride my other bike...What is it?..I'll say its name quietly for two reasons-
1. Because I still love the Softrider.....
2. Because I only managed to break the news to my wife today, that I had bought ‘another bike' (I have secretly been riding it for at least a month though). I guess the news went down as well as can be expected and the (lets call it), ‘heated discussion’ didn’t last toooo long……and I am still sleeping in the marital bed tonight....
So, what is this other bike?….Shhhhh!..... It’s a Silvio. (It's got some red tape on too).
I would actually have chosen the Softrider for this event, as it’s 'not a race,' along a flat course, with a touch of very light off road (I do find the Softrider more comfortable anyway with its fully adjustable seat, fatter tyres and better rear suspension). Lending the Softrider wheels to the wife though, is all part of my plan to get the her into Cruzbiking. At the moment she refuses to ride the Softrider, but once she sees how good the wheels are, perhaps she'll be tempted to come over and try the whole package.... Fingers crossed then!

Cheers.
Stuart.
And thanks for the nice comments about the red tape.