Sucess

defjack

Zen MBB Master
P1010077.JPG P1010078.JPG The T50 came out ok everything works just fine. Headset feels alright without the lock ring but I would have used it . Just need to put a bag on back for tools. If you use BB7 disc brake a 20 mm adapter is needed with 160 mm discs. I will need some time for decent review.

Attachments

• P1010076.JPG
    P1010076.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 41

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
Nice job, Jack. I figured you'd be one of the first to get all this together.

You've been around from the beginning. Experience shows.

Well done!

Best,

Doug

Rampa

Guru
Great to see it all put together. Very nice!

It looks like the existing seat brace could be shortened up for a greater lean-back , but it would chop off the rack mount eyelets. I'm sure someone will do just that, or make entirely new seat struts soon.

Leo

Great to see it all put together. Very nice!

It looks like the existing seat brace could be shortened up for a greater lean-back , but it would chop off the rack mount eyelets. I'm sure someone will do just that, or make entirely new seat struts soon.
Actually how heavy is the existing seat brace? It looks very heavy duty. Possible to replace with smaller aluminum or CF tubes to reduce the weight? I hope the bike could be 13kg or less.

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
I am thinking 700c x 25 will fit. 700c x 28 will be very dependent on what the actual size of the 28mm tire is. The tires vary a bit by manufacturer. I have an old lumpy set of 28mm tires I use to test this; I'll let you know what I find out.

Hey Jack - lookin' good, man!

Cheers,

Doug

yangmusa

Nice clean looking build!

There's such a big gap between the seat back and the brace - to me it looks like the perfect spot to carry stuff. Azub makes a bag that fits there for one of their bikes (I think it's the folding 20/20 model). If I had a T50 I'd probably sew a bag to fit. (Sadly found out I'm too tall :()

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
Used a Shimano friction shifter and Microshift FD_R539F braze on front derailler for the triple.This was very easy to set up.

On two of my bikes, I have Shimano trigger shifters for the front and rear derailleurs. They work well for the rear derailleur and horribly for the front. I've bought (but not yet put on) friction shifters for the front derailleurs that are very similar.

defjack

Zen MBB Master
Seat recline 50 degrees is too steep for me so made some struts to play around with seat angle. Decided to try 17 1/2in hole to hole on struts stock is 19 1/2 thats 2 inches shorter. I made the struts and recline was pretty good so cut 2 in off the stock ones. I will use the ones I made and cut them down for a really reclined ride.P1010093.JPG P1010095.JPG P1010094.JPG P1010096.JPG

Last edited:

Tuloose

Guru
Seat recline 50 degrees is too steep for me so made some struts to play around with seat angle. Decided to try 17 1/2in hole to hole on struts stock is 19 1/2 thats 2 inches shorter. I made the struts and recline was pretty good so cut 2 in off the stock ones. I will use the ones I made and cut them down for a really reclined ride.View attachment 5272 View attachment 5273 View attachment 5274 View attachment 5275

Good idea Jack.
I cut 1 inch off my seat struts to turn my T50 into a T45.
Much more comfortable!