T-50 Deluxe Black Cruiser - Front Fender

Jim Zimmerman

There are ten of us who purchased the Deluxe Black Cruiser. I didn't have any trouble assembling mine, except for the front fender. Were any of the other nine customers able to get their front fenders installed? If so, how did you do it?

There are two pair of stabilizers but the fender needs an anchor to stop it from rotating around the tire. Where is that anchor point?

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
There are ten of us who purchased the Deluxe Black Cruiser. I didn't have any trouble assembling mine, except for the front fender. Were any of the other nine customers able to get their front fenders installed? If so, how did you do it?

There are two pair of stabilizers but the fender needs an anchor to stop it from rotating around the tire. Where is that anchor point?
It should have a metal "L" bracket that bolts to the fork. I don't have these fenders...but looking at the Woody's website, they all show the standard "L" bracket. If one isn't present, that would indeed be a problem!

Lief

Guru Schmuru
Full disclosure - I was there when these were being "installed" and while I wasn't paying full attention I'll attest to the confusion.

Looked at woodys website. Nada.

@Robert Holler - is there something in a video we just need to locate? Or...? Parts list?

We can hack it as necessary - just looking for best practice.

Lief

Guru Schmuru
@Jim Zimmerman, you might want to add a pic of what you have setup now. Of that over-long one that we used for the rear? I don't recall seeing that shorter l-bracket piece in your parts?

Thanks @trapdoor2!

Suz

I plan on installing mine this week-end. I'll let you know if I have issues.

Jim Zimmerman

No, there was no shorter L-bracket. I am fairly convinced that they shipped me two rear fenders rather than one front and one rear. I will attach two photos showing the rear fender installed and the other fender clamped onto the side of the rear wheel, so you can see they are identical. The L-bracket they sent doesn't look at all like what I see on front fenders on Woody's site. My fenders are made from Oak and the closest thing I found on Woody's site was "White Oak" on page 21 of 22.

Attachments

• IMG_9570.JPG
    IMG_9570.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_9571.JPG
    IMG_9571.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 28

Jim Zimmerman

I plan on installing mine this week-end. I'll let you know if I have issues.
Suz, you are the exact type of person I hoped to contact. Please compare your front and rear fenders and let me know if they are identical. I'm guessing they are not, and that you will find one long L-bracket and one short one. The short one may already be attached to the front fender.

Reactions: Suz

Suz

Suz, you are the exact type of person I hoped to contact. Please compare your front and rear fenders and let me know if they are identical. I'm guessing they are not, and that you will find one long L-bracket and one short one. The short one may already be attached to the front fender.

I do know they are not identical in size, one is way shorter than the other. I'll take a picture when I'm working on it.

DavidJL

For a bike like the T50, I wish I could get two rear fenders. The rear fender mounted on the front would need guides on the chain stays to allow sliding during boom adjustment.

Othmar

Jim and others
I also have the T50 deluxe black cruiser and am in the process of putting it together. Your photos of the fenders will at least give me a start.
Still not completely satisfied with the rear rack mount. Am looking for a slightly longer m6, 6mm bolt so I can clear the rear brake and still grab all the threads in the tapped hole in the frame.

Anyone else have that problem?

Jim Zimmerman

Cruzbike sent me a front fender and I returned the duplicate rear fender. I struggled with the installation but in the end I attached both struts to the same mounting clamp which seemed kinda weird but it works. There is a long bolt that goes through the crotch of the front fork. The fender has very little clearance from the tire so after assembling everything I bent the struts a little bit to get the fender off the tire.

IMG_9634.JPG