T50 - Everyone likes a bike you can kick start

Vicki C.

T50 Trailblazer and Silvio newbie
I know Dan pretty well. He and I have encountered each other on rides, back when he did not own a bike shop but was doing mobile repairs on a Sofrider and repairs at home, as I recall. Then he had a couple of different locations. I helped slap a little paint on his new walls (only a little, not much at all) and attended his grand opening. He is a very nice man. We are lucky to have a local Cruzbike dealer as it seems he was one of only a handful, if that, on the West Coast. I know some folks who ride recumbents in the Hanford area. I only know personally of eight people, now nine with me, who own Cruzbikes. I am thinking of taking the new T50 in and letting him check my assembly but I have to relearn how to ride it. After taking a couple spills on a borrowed Cruzbike a couple of years ago, I have been leery, but hope I can redeem myself with this bicycle. I hope to use it as a fun bike. I ride a Tour Easy and do long rides and even climbing and the T50 as mine is configured will not be a climber for me. Once I get truly comfortable I hope to do some upgrades, including getting a better climbing cassette. I wonder if we have acquaintances in common.

Frisard

I know Dan pretty well. He and I have encountered each other on rides, back when he did not own a bike shop but was doing mobile repairs on a Sofrider and repairs at home, as I recall. Then he had a couple of different locations. I helped slap a little paint on his new walls (only a little, not much at all) and attended his grand opening. He is a very nice man. We are lucky to have a local Cruzbike dealer as it seems he was one of only a handful, if that, on the West Coast. I know some folks who ride recumbents in the Hanford area. I only know personally of eight people, now nine with me, who own Cruzbikes. I am thinking of taking the new T50 in and letting him check my assembly but I have to relearn how to ride it. After taking a couple spills on a borrowed Cruzbike a couple of years ago, I have been leery, but hope I can redeem myself with this bicycle. I hope to use it as a fun bike. I ride a Tour Easy and do long rides and even climbing and the T50 as mine is configured will not be a climber for me. Once I get truly comfortable I hope to do some upgrades, including getting a better climbing cassette. I wonder if we have acquaintances in common.
I only recently got into this Recumbent riding. I put an electric hub as my climbing cassette on my QX for the hills:)

Frank Costantini

View attachment 4699

The rear could take a 26" * 2.5" looking at the photos, and I THINK the front can take a 26"*2.36" big Apple tyre, but definitely a 26"*2.0", as I have them on a Softrider V1.0 and the later Quests were able to take wider and higher tyres (Even 700C*25!!!) than the old Softrider!

I tried putting Schwalbe Big Apple 26 x 2.35 tires on my T50, and the back fit fine, but in front there was almost no side clearance at the fork, so I put a 26 x 2.0 in front instead. With the 2.35 in back, inflated to 25 psi, the ride is nice and smooth even on pretty rough pavement.