T50 test ride in the SF Bay Area?

yangmusa

Are there any T50 owners in the San Francisco Bay Area who might be comfortable letting me test ride their pride and joy? Or at least sit on it to try the fit?

I have a Sofrider that I've tweaked to fit me. I'm really tempted by the T50 since it seems like such a great platform for modding, and it would make it easier for me to fit a larger and more reclined seat (Bacchetta Euromesh, Thorseat?). I asked Cruzbike about the size of the T50 vs. the Sofrider, and they told me the seat is closer to the steering axis - not good with my long legs. However, it looks like the people who have swapped seats on their T50s all mounted the seat further back. So I think there might be hope!

Thanks in advance!

yangmusa

To clarify: although I would modify my T50, if I get one, I'd be very happy to see a stock T50 in person too!

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
To clarify: although I would modify my T50, if I get one, I'd be very happy to see a stock T50 in person too!

That seemed quite clear to me but I don't have a T50 to help. Have you contacted cruzbike direct about your request? Most owners aren't on the forum but are still willing to help if contacted somehow.

yangmusa

Great idea! I haven't done that, but will now...
Cruzbike eventually responded that nobody was nearby.. Oh well, I'll keep it at the back of my mind and wait for T50s to spread out more. I see the website says pre-orders are now shipping February 2018, so I shouldn't be surprised that there are so few in the wild!

Cruzbike eventually responded that nobody was nearby.. Oh well, I'll keep it at the back of my mind and wait for T50s to spread out more. I see the website says pre-orders are now shipping February 2018, so I shouldn't be surprised that there are so few in the wild!

There is one listed on Craigs list (Dec 3) in Vacaville.