Tall Riders--feedback wanted

orind

I am looking at purchasing a Silvio but wanted to hear from anyone in the 6 foot plus range on their experience with fit--yes, I am sure there is enough adjustment for size, but how do you fit, and what impact on handling (if any) do you feel there is set up for your size.

romelman

I'm 6' 2" , fit is fine with

I'm 6' 2" , fit is fine with the fine-tuning and adjustments, very relaxed. I got the 100mm extension. As for the handling, it's different from other drive-trains, and very front heavy. But you just learn to handle and master it with experience, and it becomes second nature, even for taller guys.

1happyreader

zen/child method
Jack and the bean stalk

One of the advantages of a recumbent has to be that the riders center of gravity does NOT have to raised to accommodate longer legs.

Good luck Orind , I hope you find your fit.

orind

Thanks--I am 6'3" so input

Thanks--I am 6'3" so input from romelman was most useful. I am in the thought experiment stage of buying a new recumbent for my summer riding season--live in Anchorage Alaska. We have a great paved trail system. I used to have a Musashi, but the 20 inch front wheel did not work well with our less than perfect trails.

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
I am just about 6' tall with

I am just about 6' tall with a 42.5 x seam. The 150mm extension makes the fit for me a near impossible geometry (BB to seat height to handlebar placement) but I will be trying the 100mm extension when it is available to get a bit higher BB and experiment with that fit.

If you like a higher BB I would say get the 100mm extension. Best part is with the extensions you can try it both ways. :)

Robert

Rposar

Another 6 Footer....

I'm right at 6 foot tall. My Silvio 2.0 has no extension, and it's perfect. It has excellent balance. I'm thinking of adding the 100mm extension, just on the outside chance that it will make adjusting my q-rings easier. There is a slight learning curve to the cruzbike due to the front wheel drive, but I've had a number of different recumbents (Vision R40, Optima Lynx, Bacchetta Strada and TI Aero) and I can honestly say the Cruzbike is the fastest, best handling, best climbing and most comfortable bike I've ever ridden. Good luck on your search!

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Old thread, I know..
I'm

Old thread, I know..

I'm right at 6' and with my Silvio 1.0, I'm just fine. The 100 mm extension may, or may not help me out, but I'd be leery to try it. I had foot numbing issues with a Bachetta Strada that I just don't get with the Silvio. I blamed it on the higher bottom bracket.

Mark

3WHELZ

Guru
Piling On

I have a Silvio 1.0 with no extension, and I am 6'2". It fits me well with no issues. I cannot speak for the 2.0, but the 1.0 is comfortable without the need of a headrest.