Tall Riders

TallBill

I am 6'5" with a very long X-Seam (maybe 50.5" or 51"). Will the Sofrider work for me? I am worried both about not extending my legs and also hitting my knees.

are there any tall riders out there?

TallBill

ivan_a_101

I'm anxious to buy a cruzbike but I'm struggling with the choice between a sofrider and a freerider. I'm pretty tall as well ( 6' 4", xseam 48") and I couldn't fit any of the other recumbents my local bike shop had in stock except for a couple of the LWB models. From some of the other postings I think I'll probably be able to fit a cruzbike, at least with respect to the seat and the pedals. But I'm a bit worried that I'll have to choose between reaching for the handlebars or hitting my knees on them.

Initially I thought the freerider might be the better choice because of the extra adjustment options with the handlebars, but looking at some of the videos of folks riding cruzbikes it seemed that the wide berth of the chopper style bars might interfere with the knees (or even the shins) of a tall rider even more that the sofrider's. Really hard to tell with a youtube video, though.

Anyone have any thoughts about which would be the better choice for me?

JonB

Zen MBB Master
ivan_a_101 wrote: I'm anxious to buy a cruzbike but I'm struggling with the choice between a sofrider and a freerider. I'm pretty tall as well ( 6' 4", xseam 48") and I couldn't fit any of the other recumbents my local bike shop had in stock except for a couple of the LWB models. From some of the other postings I think I'll probably be able to fit a cruzbike, at least with respect to the seat and the pedals. But I'm a bit worried that I'll have to choose between reaching for the handlebars or hitting my knees on them.

Initially I thought the freerider might be the better choice because of the extra adjustment options with the handlebars, but looking at some of the videos of folks riding cruzbikes it seemed that the wide berth of the chopper style bars might interfere with the knees (or even the shins) of a tall rider even more that the sofrider's. Really hard to tell with a youtube video, though.

Anyone have any thoughts about which would be the better choice for me?
I think that a Freerider can be converted to a sofrider, but i am not 100% sure.

My x-seam is about 115 centimeters = 45.2755906 inches, and i think i am 5'9". I am 180 cm. I have a Freerider and i do not hit the handlebars. I do not reach for my handlebars.