Tannus Solid Tires

Martinius Berg

Cruzbike forum

I have used the Schwalbe marathon + tyres on my bikes for many years and they are just fantastic in there quality . But one day i found an article about the Tannus solid tyres manufactured in Korea. http://www.tannus.com
Bought a pair of them from a supplier in Spain in the size 26 x 1.75 and installed them with the special tools and plastic pins that comes in the package on my recumbent . Easy to install when following the instructions from there videos which is available on You Tube and there main site.

Tannus produces quality tyres in different sizes and they are of a fantastic quality. Under normal cycling conditions the tyres will last between 12 and 15000 km/6000 miles. The tyres are produced equally to 3 different PSI standards 70-90-110 PSI in multiple colours.

Review:
http://veloballs.com/tannus-solid-tyres-review/

Martinius Berg/Norway

Last edited:

jond

Zen MBB Master
martinus schwalbe also now make the durano plus with a similar levels of puncture protection. i think the tannus product is a great product for commuters in built up areas with high puncture possibilities. but to fit them to a speedy silvio or vendetta would be to slow the bike down . :) we are a sharing inclusive lot and i would be interested to see how they work out for you if you were to fit them to the cruzbike. matching colours of course :)

Martinius Berg

Jond

Schwalbe tyres are just fantastic in there quality and you could be right about that fact that sinds Cruzbikes are road bicycles pr.definition rubber kevlar informed tyres like the Schwalbe Durano plus is a good choice
http://www.schwalbe.com/en/newsreader/durano-family-fast-and-tough.html

The company Akrovalis the dealer of Tannus in Spain is promoting tyres for road racing and Triatlon competitions with good results amongst the spanisch athletes . Personally i have not driven a Cruzbike yet and have nothing to compare with then the new Tannus tyres i have on my Challenge recumbent.
I will certainly will try out both options later when my Silvio frame is build up to compare there quality and durability and rolling resistance .The 700 c wheels can give impeccable much speed combined with outer weather and road conditions i know its still the human power that moves the bike :).

Thanks for interesting reading Martinius.

martinus schwalbe also now make the durano plus with a similar levels of puncture protection. i think the tannus product is a great product for commuters in built up areas with high puncture possibilities. but to fit them to a speedy silvio or vendetta would be to slow the bike down . :) we are a sharing inclusive lot and i would be interested to see how they work out for you if you were to fit them to the cruzbike. matching colours of course :)

Tuloose

Guru
Solid tires of one type or another have been around since bikes were invented.
Every few years another brand comes on the market only to vanish after a short time.
The idea for a flat proof, indestructible tire just keeps rolling around.

Martinius Berg

Tuloose . Yes you are right about that and most of the earlier solid tyres inventions that they made where short successes . Some of the earlier made solid tyres where not manufactured the way average consumers expected them to be. I mean there quality whas poor , rolling resistance not good and far to difficult to install. But after my personal opinion the Tannus tyres do have a future. Tannus is honest about these products and there marketing and public relations towards consumers is fabulous. Social medias as Facebook , Instagram and Twitter help to sell there message. Korean people are hardworking people in a low cost country. Time will really tell if they are gonna make it but i believe they do as they already have been selling there tyres sin's 2010.

Sinc. Martinius

Last edited:

jond

Zen MBB Master
Tuloose . Yes you are right about that and most of the earlier solid tyres inventions that they where short successes . Most of them where american made. Some of the earlier made solid tyres were not manufactured the way average consumers expected them to be. I mean there quality whas poor , rolling resistance not good and the where far to difficult to install. But after my personal opinion the Tannus tyres do have a future. Tannus is honest about there products and there marketing and public relations towards consumers is fabulous. Social medias as Facebook , Instagram and Twitter help to sell there message. Korean people are hardworking people in a low cost country. Time will really tell if they are gonna make it but i believe they do as they already have been selling there tyres sin's 2010.

Sinc. Martinius
absolutely seem to have a reasonable reputation. i may be changing jobs and hopefully turn into a bicycle commuter my dream. tough choice between marathon plus or tannus. i guess if you hit something nasty like a glass shard that cut the tyre i figure that the marathon might be the best option. but likely slower than the tannus. if i ride the df think i will give the tannus a go. the trike gets the marathons.

LMT

I think if I was going on a long tour around the back and beyond I'd consider these tyres as a viable option for sure. But right now the commute bike is fitted with Durano +'s which do the job they are meant to do. And having just swapped out the D+'s for Schwable One tyres on the V20 the bike is now like a rocket. I've noticed a 3-4kph speed increase and acclerating and going up hills is now a lot quicker.