Technical help needed please!.

thebean

I really don't want to take

I really don't want to take the bike to the shop as I know it is a simple fix. I can't attach pictures because there is a size limit here. If anyone want to call me please do 602-448-8827

trplay

Zen MBB Master
try this

Make sure your cable didn't go slack. Make sure derailleur and shifter is set/ in the highest gear and re-tighten the cable.

thebean

Went out and put in lowest

Went out and put in lowest gear on cassette, now it keeps jamming...

thebean

There must be a special way

There must be a special way to reattach the front wheel with the silver hangar piece. Now the chain is sagging. I am so inept. Into the shop it goes.

Lisa, that has happened to me

Lisa, that has happened to me before - turns out that the skewer wasn't in all the way (or wasn't tightened all the way).

Check that if you haven't taken it into the shop already.

thebean

The skewer looks properly

The skewer looks properly engaged John but I will go have another look. Thanks!

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
Picture?

A picture would certainly help. My advice is to shift remove the wheel and shift to the highest gear (normally, you would do this first if your derailleur was not jammed). Then reinstall the wheel again, making sure that the derailleur hanger is properly fitted into the recess on the fork.

thebean

Ok I definitely get the dumb

Ok I definitely get the dumb award of the year! I had the silver deraillur hanger on the outside instead of the inside....!!!

1happyreader

zen/child method
Award of the year

I believe you have to take your bike into the Local bike store for diagnosis to be eligible for that award.

You did however earn your experience / wisdom the old fashioned way. (pain)

trplay

Zen MBB Master
May be you get the award, may be not

But If you do I would say it's for admitting it and not the actual goof. I think I can top that goof many times over. You should have said something along the lines of: "There were some alignment problems on this beta version of the bike but with my experience and knowledge I was able to sort it out even though the technical manuals didn't address the issue. I believe John is working on correcting this deficiency in the next rendition."

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
  Hey Lisa,
 post said

Hey Lisa,

post said pictures so we can learn from this.

Anybody can screw up. Only the strong document it for others to learn.