Testing week in Asheville, NC June 25 - July 1

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Larry I am CERTAIN that you have tested your in line bottle holder that extends your kneck line!! Did it add 0.5 mph at 30 mph?
Also what speed increase when using your suicide bars?
I have not tested the inline bottle holder however I have tested carrying 5 extra pounds of fuel onboard. It takes about 3 extra watts to maintain 25mph with that extra weight. The stubby bars added about 0.5 mph at 25mph.
The down side of the stubby bars is that you do not have any upper body input. Jim says what I gain in speed I loose in power input from my upper body.
I may test that too, but it is really hard to switch the bars out for something else because of the brakes and shifters obviously.

LarryOz

Finally getting my garage cleaned up after my move.
I obviously will not be using that garage door! haha - I'd better screw it shut so I won't forget!
7 bikes hanging from the ceiling now - Vendetta is on the trainer though.
Now I just have to build out the M5 TiCa and the M5 CHR to finish out the harem!
bikes hanging.jpg

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
I obviously will not be using that garage door! haha - I'd better screw it shut so I won't forget!
Now I just have to build out the M5 TiCa and the M5 CHR to finish out the harem!
View attachment 2695
Nice job Larry. Good to hear you are finally moved over. I'm still working on it.

Yeah, we don't want to decapitate the bikes before testing completes:D.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
I have not tested the inline bottle holder however I have tested carrying 5 extra pounds of fuel onboard. It takes about 3 extra watts to maintain 25mph with that extra weight. The stubby bars added about 0.5 mph at 25mph.
The down side of the stubby bars is that you do not have any upper body input. Jim says what I gain in speed I loose in power input from my upper body.
I may test that too, but it is really hard to switch the bars out for something else because of the brakes and shifters obviously.
View attachment 2695
Its good to see a car free Garage!!!
The pulley systems have certainly saved you a LOT of floor space!

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
Where's all the junk? Another picture that puts my shed to shame. I think the Iron Chicken is hiding somewhere in my shed, perfectly camouflaged.

And yes, you should make it impossible to open that door.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Haaaa what an idea... I have my bikes hanging up at the side of the wall. With this idea of pulley system I can buy some more bikes or even make some.
Great Idea as long as your garage ceiling is high enough like Larry's, OR you are a Gnome!

LarryOz

Is it worth replacing the pulleys with Enduro?
What a great idea! Ceramic bears for all the pulleys!!
Of course it would be really cool to have the lift automated (PLC controlled or something!) - then just push a button and down comes the one you want!.
Definitely something to dream about - but not in this lifetime! haha Too much other stuff to do!

super slim

Zen MBB Master
What a great idea! Ceramic bears for all the pulleys!!
Of course it would be really cool to have the lift automated (PLC controlled or something!) - then just push a button and down comes the one you want!.
Definitely something to dream about - but not in this lifetime! haha Too much other stuff to do!
Ratz is a Computer guy!!!
He should be able to sort that out for you!!!

LarryOz

Larry, will you test "my" TiCa with and without the tailfairing ?
That is in the plan - I just hope it doesn't take me too long to install it "in the field". I'll have to experiment some with it at home to hone the technique of taking it off and putting it on.
Best idea would be to have it on I guess, and do the testing, then take it off for the next round.

SteveJW

I had the privilege of hanging out with Larry this past weekend at the velodrome in Asheville, NC, aka the MeloDrome.

What a great guy. I am not technically savvy when it comes to bike computers. Larry was extremely patient explaining the Higher Tech side of bicycling. And is he Fast! WOW!

A few pics (hopefully):

LarryOz4_Sm.jpg

LarryOz10_Sm.jpg

LarryOz3_Sm.jpg

Last edited:

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
after seeing that ... I am eager for the results. Great photography

super slim

Zen MBB Master
What race is he in, with the numbers 226 AND 320?
Is he trying to confuse the marshals?

The CF low racer, handle bars seen very high!
Was the previous owner tall, or medium height???