That disappointment you get when..

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
I was going fast on a flat section of my commute: a hair over 31 mph, sustaining around 30mph for that section until I had to slow down for the sharp (blind) right turn for the next section of the commute.

I was feeling confident that I'd be one of the faster riders on the segment.
Nope. Not even close.

The fastest rider on that segment was going 38.5 mph on that segment. I'd guess that that would require a sustained output of 700-800 watts on the segment, whereas I was between 400-600.

*sigh* It will be a while, if ever, I get to that while NOT in a pace-line.
Goals! Goals!

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
I was going fast on a flat section of my commute: a hair over 31 mph, sustaining around 30mph for that section until I had to slow down for the sharp (blind) right turn for the next section of the commute.

Nope. Not even close.

The fastest rider on that segment was going 38.5 mph on that segment. I'd guess that that would require a sustained output of 700-800 watts on the segment, whereas I was between 400-600.

*sigh* It will be a while, if ever, I get to that while NOT in a pace-line.
Goals! Goals!
When you look at the results there were probably 3 riders together. I doubt if it was just one solo rider. DF riders save 40% by drafting!

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler

Nope. Not even close.

How long is the segment? Must not be long if you are putting out that many watts: under 5 minutes I assume! :rolleyes:

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
How long is the segment? Must not be long if you are putting out that many watts: under 5 minutes I assume! :rolleyes:

Ya, totally right Larry-- it is ~1:18 at 30mph (.6 miles). It is one of the longer segments on the route, sadly (the longest is .8 miles), so not much opportunity to open up safely.