The Fred Thread

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
The Giro Air Attack Shield is on clearance at REI for $119.93. Limited colors, especially in size M, where the only choice is this gosh-awful matte white/flame/lime thing.:p But for half off list price...and since I don't have to look at myself...I finally own one. They see me rolling, they fallin' over laughing. :eek:

View attachment 4328
They won't have to see you for long as you flash past them

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Another update to the chronicles of Fred.

I haven't posted much, lately, but have been riding with the local club quite a bit. I've met some new people and fielded a lot of the usual questions. I heard a new one this week, though. "Is that bike direct drive?" I think she meant fixed gear, as some of the club had just spent a day at the velodrome, recently. That was a new one, for me. The Cruzbike always attracts attention, though.

Riding is progressing and climbing is coming right along. I'm feeling stronger in the climbs and hanging with the faster riders in our group, though in no way, shape, or form ready to step up to the next! On the ride this past Saturday, we did almost 60 miles with some pretty decent climbs in it and while I was done, in the end, I still felt like I rode better than I have. On most steeper climbs, I was in the first group and ran out front on the shallower stuff. Overall, though, I'm happy for just 12 rides into the year.

On the bike front, I decided to give the 100mm extension a try. I just installed it last night, so I will be doing some more dialing in over the course of this week and then giving it a try over the road. So far, I think I will like it.

Mark