The Hills of Cincinnati

Things are finally settling down from our cross country move. We're mostly unpacked now and our house in NE Cincinnati is beginning to feel like a home.

I've tapped into the amazing JDRF ride family here and have been introducing SigrD to all the fun hills around the Ohio river and the other riders. As always she turns heads and inspires questions. Even heard a rumor there's another Cruzie in the area near Loveland. If this is true, I'd love to meet up and go for a ride.

My big ride this year will be my first ever century. I'm riding for the JDRF at Amelia Island in Florida in late October.

Thought I'd drop in a few photos from our training adventures and touch base. I've been busy with the move and haven't been as active on the Cruzbike site as I would like. image.jpegimage.jpeg image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

hurri47

Abbott-

I have four words for you: Giro Air Attack Shield

Every time I see you with that air brake on top of your head I cringe. Congrats on getting back on the bike after the move.

-Dan

JOSEPHWEISSERT

Zen MBB Master
Abbott,
It looks like you'll be doing Calvin's 12 Hour Challenge now that you live within 80 miles of it. The Larry of Oz will be very happy!

Bruce B

Abbott,
My wife and I are always amazed at your eye for the scene in these and other photos you have posted.
Keep them coming.

Abbott-

Every time I see you with that air brake on top of your head I cringe. Congrats on getting back on the bike after the move.

-Dan
Yeah right. My drill instructor took one look at the size of my head and said, and I quote, " Why me?! Why do I always get the #¥@$ing genetic mutants?!"

An Italian haberdasher once told me that such a grand head should not be covered. The man sold hats for a living.

I went into the Stetson store in San Antonio and the old man at the back of the store looked up when I walked in and said, "We don't have anything big enough to fit him."

o_O

Preparing for my first ever century.

I continue to train for my first century. This past week I got in three training rides and over 100 miles. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
Night on the Purple People Bridge over the Ohio river. image.jpeg
One of many historic log homes in the Cincinnati area. This one is on top of a ridge in a golf course. image.jpeg
Harrison's Tomb memorialimage.jpeg
Abbott Roadimage.jpeg
And then I had a low blood sugar incident Because that's how T1d rolls. image.jpeg image.jpeg
Passed the White Water Shaker Village north settlement at the end of our ride.

I can do the mileage. But I cannot beat this disease without help. Please consider contributing to the JDRF.

http://www2.jdrf.org/site/TR?fr_id=6193&pg=personal&px=9550496

Suz

Abbott-

-Dan

LOL, I'm pretty sure he meant the visor, but thanks for the chuckle regarding your noggin.