THE NEW Q IS COMING

benphyr

Guru-me-not
Quoted from the Bicycles: QX100 page:

THE NEW Q IS COMING

Adventure on the road less traveled.

The new Q is coming Spring 2018. Sign up for our launch list to get first access to all launch details.

Any guesses, knowledge, etc. opening the topic.

Rampa

Guru
My guess, or hope, is a T50 with 27.5 Plus wheels.

This is based on 2 things:
Jim putting the widest possible tires on an S40 for gravel riding, and that the Q series has always been the riser-tube front end design.

benphyr

Guru-me-not
I hope it has a Silvio S40 stiff front triangle, and the Quest suspended rear suspension, so it can fit into a USA airline 26"*26"*10" box

And wishing for the front triangle to be a direct swap and available for purchase as an upgrade for (my) existing Q and for those of us less likely to ever finish a Emeljay mod.

DavidJL

Maybe a resurrection of Silvio 1.0 style front end, but with no front suspension and the current Q rear suspension? Oh no, a third Cruzbike to add to the collection? Would be nice to be able to use 700C wheels, or even 650B wheels with ~40mm tire clearance. I do like super slim's idea of S40 front with Q rear suspension though.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Maybe a resurrection of Silvio 1.0 style front end, but with no front suspension and the current Q rear suspension? Oh no, a third Cruzbike to add to the collection? Would be nice to be able to use 700C wheels, or even 650B wheels with ~40mm tire clearance. I do like super slim's idea of S40 front with Q rear suspension though.

I think a Emeljay front end would be a more possible option, to have a power triangle for utility bike Qx100 with disc forks large enough to take a 700c (622) * 42 tyre, 650b (584) * 48 tyre, 26" (559) * 58 tyre, the same as the Silvio S40 front fork!

AND it would be GREAT if the QX100 power triangle, with new wider forks, with the Emeljay steerer tube would be available to buy as an upgrade for a Quest V1.0, or 2.0, and just the Emeljay steering tube, with the head stem? bracket and 32 mm handlebar clamp.

dtseng

2018-02-25 001.jpg super slim said: "Emeljay front end...with Q rear suspension"

The photo below is taken from Internet, " ShiftEzy Test Bike", a beautiful bike also of Austrailian origin.

My conceptual design of new Q would be: the front triangle is similar to V20, the rear end is Q-esque. The back rest angle can be adjusted from 25 to 35 degrees. The turning point of the rear swing arms uses two cartridge bearings to eliminate noise. The frame can be disassembled into small components to fit into medium sized luggage. The wheels can be rented or bought from the local source, or pack in a small box with spokes/hubs removed.

Attachments

• 6470104765_a6bf4f4cd8_b (2).jpg
    6470104765_a6bf4f4cd8_b (2).jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
I hope the folding stays for transporting on trips. Change out the rear suspension to something a bit better. An option to pick up the underseat rack from the S40.

NeaL

Guru
An option to pick up the underseat rack from the S40.

I'm surprised that feature didn't make it onto the T50 frame design, but there are a number of other underseat racks for recumbent bikes all made by the same company as the ones for the S40. I just haven't investigated yet if any of them are compatible.

Last edited:

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
I was on a stretch of road near Palm Springs the other day. I say "road", but there really wasn't much left of it. Worst piece of "pavement" I've ever endured and was brutal even with suspension. So, I'm still down for the helicopter thingy attachment.

Do we get a teaser on this soon? Trees are blooming here in Cali. It must be Spring! :)

Now that the Parkers have finished Bike Seabring and the temps will be in the 70s this coming week here in their home state of NC, at least a teaser will come out. I am very curious what they have done to this line of bikes. The travel ability of the QX is very interesting, but then, the S40...ohhh.

Lucia

Administrator
Staff member
Do we get a teaser on this soon? Trees are blooming here in Cali. It must be Spring! :)

You got it @Rampa! Spring is indeed on its way and we are very excited about what's coming down the pipeline with the new Q. We've got our hands on the first production samples and I can tell you: this is a badass evolution of Q series. I've been loving following this thread and I think many of you are going to be as thrilled as we are with the next Q (that's a hint).

If you haven't already, sign up for the insiders list at https://cruzbike.com/launch to get all of the details straight to your inbox first. We're finalizing product details, compiling specs and putting our production samples through their paces so we can share first ride reports. I'm on the hook to get all of our insiders that information over the next couple of weeks as we charge toward the Q45's March 20, 2018 launch date.

I'm so grateful to all of you for your enthusiasm and support. This really is the best community of customers to work for everyday.

Lucia, I just checked the website and great seeing the new Q45 page! Not sure when it was updated, but it was the first time I have seen it ;)

Now to start guessing what the 45 in Q45 means.

45 degree seat angle?
45 mm of suspension travel?
45 mm wide tires?! ;)