"The New Silvio is Coming"

Jeremy S

Dude
What devilry is this?

18699341_10154443876722377_2139636188674436590_o.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/cruzbike/

Looks like no rear suspension, which may have advantages. Also, Charles pointed out knobby tires.

Will we get a Vendetta with a higher seat angle and more tire clearance? Maybe a revision to the BB ring clamps? What else?

My Silvio 2.0 is still going strong... I doubt I can find an excuse to upgrade. Still, exciting.

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
Well...it appears to have a 700x32 mounted. The knobby tires have me thinking along the lines of a '29er'. Looks like a welded on tab for a rear rack too.

Just thinking about the changes in the product lines...the "Q" offers suspension for those who want such things. I think the original intent for the Silvio sort of got sideswiped by the popularity of that format. Then came the V series...which put the Silvio (and damn near everybody else) out of the 'speed' business. The S30 was a compromise (although a lovely sort of compromise) but I think the old rear leaf-spring suspension was due for the scrap-heap (the old carbon chainstay left with the advent of the S30). What are you left with then? An 'unsuspended' Silvio is just a V20 with a more upright seating position. If you open things up to accept wider tires, you start attracting the 29er market. Give 'em comfy seating, ease of handling...look out randoneers & gravel grinders, there's a set of cross-hairs on your wallet! :eek::)

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
<begin Mad evil laugh>
Oh, thank goodness my mind was going to explode holding that one back. Guess you all find out so; there are going to be a lot of very happy fence sitters.... Never underestimate what you overhear at trade shows.... of course then you have to sign the non-disclosure stuff. Hopefully the explosive chip in my neck gets removed soon too....
</end mad evil laugh>

Oh and look...... no, rather, stare really really close at that photo and think about it.... when you find the key 4 points you'll be ahead of your neighbor.....

3WHELZ

Guru
I have been waiting for the T-Trike adapter so that I can covert my Silvio 1.0 to a trike and give it to my wife, and replace it with a new Silvio. It may be too tempting to continue the wait.

LMT

Box section tubing which should soak up some of the bumps now the rear suspension gone. There's an eyelet in the frame under the seat and two separate bosses, no idea for what these are for mind.

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
The eyelet appears to be for internal routing of a brake cable...but it isn't being used in this picture. Just thinking a bit out of the box...maybe an 'additional' internal routing point for controlling something else...tilt stop maybe?
There's an odd boss or mount right under the seat tube too.
I am wondering at the ("ZZ" reflective?) tape on the inside of the left bottom-tube. Looks out of place to me...protective coating?
Appears to be a disc brake there...but the brake cable disappears behind the tire and doesn't re-appear forward of the tire.

There's an odd reflection in the main tube...is that Elvis??

RAR

Rim brake wheel with a disc brake ? Two rim brake mounts, maybe one for brake and the other for fender? Rim brakes??? Gone the way of the Dinosaurs. Vendetta colors. Reflective Z's on the inside of "chain stays" and stripes on the Seat stays. Rack mounts on stays, but what are the ones under the seat for ? Come on Bob you can tell us now; the cat's out of the bag! The internal routing hole is for hub generator cables? Does it come with Ventisit pad, I hope so. 700/32 knoby, looks like there's room for a 38 road tyre. Stop holding out on us!;)

R2

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
..... Come on Bob you can tell us now .,
......Stop holding out on us!;)

R2

Not my job. But these are the things you find out at the retreat which is where I think we first heard about it right @Lief ?

Besides this is so much fun You all have such attention to Tiny details it will be fun to see if any one figures it out .... words matter.

Rampa

Guru
I am glad to see a less laid-back triangulated un-suspended frame. Helving welded triangulation in the frame makes locking-up much more secure. They can un-bolt everything, but they can't steal the frame! :)

Emeljay

WiskersBlowinInTheWind
The seat does seem to be less laid back, and what is that less than flat seat back that seems to bulge out...storage space?

Emeljay

WiskersBlowinInTheWind
With the seat more upright, and looks like rack attachments for rack that can be mounted above rear wheel, as well as a possible rack attachment below the seat back (partially obstructed by a blade of grass) for mounting storage below seat?

Emeljay

WiskersBlowinInTheWind
With more storage capacity it seems like a touring version of the S30, with wider tire options also giving it the ability to go on dirt roads and trails.

Emeljay

WiskersBlowinInTheWind
Could a water bladder fit in the 'bulge' on the seat back...there seems to be a hole coming out of the bottom of the bulge, as well as on the other side (partially cut off by the top of the pic) for the drinking tube? Or maybe just a drain hole and internal cable entry point on the other side.

Edit: ok, now I better stop! I'm seeing things that are not there in one case...not a hole at bottom of bulge, its just where lime green tape ends on the far side making the frame look like something it is not! But everything else stands! err, I hope! Need more pics, in time I'm sure!

Last edited:

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
My guess: Mounting for ttrike or cargo rack- there are bosses with horizontal screw holes, near the bottom of the frame, and along the lower chainstay which would either be for a cargo rack or ttrike attachment.

Last edited:

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
Wow! Beautiful green accent colours! Eyelets for under-seat pannier racks? Maybe? This is a 45 degree touring combo I suppose!