"The New Silvio is Coming"

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
The hole in the frame is if you want to run rim brakes, internal cable routing.... It appears you have your choice of mounting points for brake caliper. I like the bosses for mounting a rack, underseat, or otherwise. Good to have options If the seating is more upright than even the Silvio 1.0, then I don't get that. I will withhold and further commentary until we know more facts.

Mark

1happyreader

zen/child method
With more storage capacity it seems like a touring version of the S30, with wider tire options also giving it the ability to go on dirt roads and trails.
Got to be proud of the Cruzbike company as ANOTHER Item is ticked off the wish list.

Rampa

Guru
Maybe it's expanding the line, and not replacing it. Just tweaking the V frame design a bit for a new purpose.

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
I thought the original Silvio seat angle was 45 degrees?

It is, but looking at that picture, the seat angle looks steeper than 45. That's why I said "if".

Hard to say from teaser pics. If the name implies 45 degree seat angle, then I guess that's good.

I don't know how I feel about the wider wheel accommodations. I'd have no need for knobbies and in my humble opinion, anything wider than a 25c is a waste on the road, but that's just me. Your mileage will probably vary and I have become old, grumpy and set in my ways.

Mark

Don1

Guru
well i think sillvo has found a new home in the line up. the cruzbike line was looking too sameish. so good on em.

Brad R

I don't know how I feel about the wider wheel accommodations. I'd have no need for knobbies and in my humble opinion, anything wider than a 25c is a waste on the road, but that's just me. Your mileage will probably vary and I have become old, grumpy and set in my ways.

Mark

With the shape of Michigan roads, I like the accommodation for larger tires very much.

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
well i think sillvo has found a new home in the line up. the cruzbike line was looking too sameish. so good on em.
Pretty optimistic thought based on one picture of the rear triangle.. I'm going to hold out passing judgement one way or the other until I see more.

With the shape of Michigan roads, I like the accommodation for larger tires very much.

Thanks to Governor Moonbeam, CA roads probably aren't much better. I have a wide tire bike in the Sofrider, but for what I do, I still prefer to ride 25's.

I'm anxious to see more, either way. A new revision is always exciting!

Mark

castlerobber

Zen MBB Master
Mulling it all over on my commute home today...

So we now have the 50-ish to 75-degree, low-end T50; the 35- to 45-degree utility QX100; a new Silvio S45, date available TBA; the (sold out) 33-degree Silvio S30; and the ultra laid-back Vendetta V20.

Plus this cryptic statement:
Yep, a S30 is a Silvio but a Silvio in not necessarily an S30

Hmm. If the S30 were no longer to be produced, it would leave a gaping hole between the S45 and the V20, and overlap between the QX100 and the S45. A lot of overlap, considering the S45 will accommodate at least a 700C x 32 tire, if not a 35mm or even 38mm, and has rack-mounting points.

But if there were TWO Silvio models, targeted at different market segments, Ratz' riddle would make more sense. Then, why would one need the QX100 at all? Suspension is pretty much gone from the Cruzbike lineup now, except for the dated QX100 (which is more or less just a repainted, renamed Quest 3). Modifying ye olde Q-series bike into a Silvio 1.0 clone has become popular, and obviously didn't escape notice by the Powers That Be. ;)

Might be totally off base--just my Speculative Wild-Eyed Guess. :oops:

Last edited:

Tuloose

Guru
So an S45 is a Silvio 1.0 or 1.5 without the suspension and with a hydro formed frame and maybe a longer wheelbase?
Sounds like a winner to me.
I have a 1.0 which I dearly love and have named Sweet Pea because it is such a nice bike for fast but sociable crusin'.
It climbs like a mountain goat, has better aerodynamics than a road bike and gives a good view down the road.
I won a coast down a hill race on it last week, beating the 2nd place recumbent by about 60 feet.
If I had taken my Vendetta I might have taken 1st overall, currently held by a tandem team.