The Road to 500 miles in 24hrs

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
The live timing last year was pretty live from what I heard although my crew had a hard time conveying my exact position compared to the others around. I think most of the confusion is the live timing only updates every so often and only counts completed lap which is to be expected since the only timing strip is at the finish line. I find most people can read live results based on completed laps because if 1st place has a 5 min lead over second the the results get posted before second place completes that lap at a glance it looks like first place has a 1 lap lead. Everyone struggles to note that the leaders current lap was completed nearly a full lap Perth of time after second places current lap.

Like I said before you guys can give me a call and ask how I'm doing in real time and I'll try and give a few of you who want to post results here my mechanics phone number so you can text him. My crew will be judging my results based on the live timing that you'll have access to as well so you'll both be in the same boat. Jon did mention if I stick within the top 3-4 riders he'll be able to identify the top guys and give me stop watch splits. As you know things get real confusing with some of the faster 4 person teams and then the 6-12hr events joining in.