The V Chronicles

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
Prelude: okay, bit the bullet and preordered the fall 2015 V20 Core edition.

Slowly accumulated over many months:
RōL D'Huez tubeless ready wheelset (left from previous Silvio 1.5; would go Bontrager or American Classic if
I had it to do over)
Schwalbe One 28mm tires
Rival brakes
Shimano BL600 brake levers
SRAM R2C Yaw bar end shifters (10spd)
SRAM Red Yaw FD
Rotor Q-rings (aero, 53/39)
SRAM Rival cassette 11-32
SRAM Rival wi-fli RD med cage
KMC XL 10-spd chains
Jagwire shift housing and compressionless brake housing
Jagwire slickwire cables
Origin8 Gary 2 handlebars (black)
Zefal vs Busch & Müller mirrors
Bar tape
Radical Design Solo Racer bags-will try under the seat. If not suitable will consider Scarab or NorBack

En route:
Ventisit seat pad
The new water bottle mount (tks to ratz and SCabinetGuy(sp?) and to Cruzbike for adopting their design!)

Pending:
Lights
Cranks (145mm vs 155mm)

Also on order:
New engine to match the bike--could take awhile to arrive :D:cool::D

The second installment could also take awhile. Let the waiting begin!

KM

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
New engine to match the bike--could take awhile to arrive
Nice list of components!

The Engine:
This is actually the most important feature - and no need to pre-order.
The engine is already there. All you have to do it use it.
The more you use it - the better it gets - you probably won't even need any new parts! :)

Good Luck - waiting is by far the hardest part of the process Kline!

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
Trying to grok the concepts. Doubtless failing miserably.

But around 2300 Aug 19 when I opened the website and saw the new V had just then become available for pre-order, it only took one look to know that a certain amount of waiting had been filled, and filled indeed.

Now--waiting for another increment to be filled.

Lord, give me patience...and I mean right now!

All in good time, grasshopper.

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
I got an email from the USPS with the header "Maria Parker has sent you a package" on Nov 17. I received the goody package 2 days ago from Robert Holler. I bet they're all en route!

Apollo

Hi Kline,

That is one great looking frame!

I have a question about the boom on the core edition frameset you ordered. Is the boom at the handlebar end recurved? I've seen recent photographs of the new V20 and S30 sporting recurved booms unlike previous versions of either model. I was wondering if this is a universal change or an option and which one you received?

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Hi Kline,

That is one great looking frame!

I have a question about the boom on the core edition frameset you ordered. Is the boom at the handlebar end recurved? I've seen recent photographs of the new V20 and S30 sporting recurved booms unlike previous versions of either model. I was wondering if this is a universal change or an option and which one you received?

If you look on the products ordering page you see the new option curved slider which has a 40mm bend solves a world of different needs