The V Chronicles

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Finally, some progress! Waxed chains hang from the ceiling, the Schwalbe One 28mm tubeless tires are holding pressure beautifully, a lovely older lady looks on in the background, and the completed V20 frame sits elegantly in the repair stand ready for component installation.

View attachment 1722 View attachment 1723
Kline are you Ratz's Master Apprentice as the ONLY tool I can see is a WHITE Rubber Mallet!!!

super slim

Zen MBB Master
I like to think of it as Thor's Hammer, not a mere rubber mallet. That way it matches my bike mechanic skill level and my build philosophy of "if it won't fit, force it!" ;-)
Does that mean you wish you were an Australian "Chris Hemsworth"??? and be worthy enough to lift the your Thor hammer!!!

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
More progress. Immediately before first shakedown ride, temporary pedals, bars not wrapped yet, no doubt some tweaking to do, but pretty darn happy with it:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Surprisingly good fit and visibility despite short stature. Nonetheless recurved slider on order to improve sight lines.

Oh----Thor wanted his hammer back. He left me this in its place:

image.jpeg

super slim

Zen MBB Master
More progress. Immediately before first shakedown ride, temporary pedals, bars not wrapped yet, no doubt some tweaking to do, but pretty darn happy with it:

View attachment 1788

View attachment 1789

Surprisingly good fit and visibility despite short stature. Nonetheless recurved slider on order to improve sight lines.

Oh----Thor wanted his hammer back. He left me this in its place:

View attachment 1791
You still look TALLER than the racing gnome, OR Tarzan!!!!

What a WISE man Thor is!!! and Mr Park is a trusted friend of his!!!

Do you think Mr Park should visit Ratz, as he is going VERY slowly in his Vendetta build using just his Blackened (Black magic???) Thor hammer!!!!

Any chance of getting the BOSS, to take a photo from next to your head, to see your view past the front end, and also a front quarter with your left leg up near the handle bars to see what your hand clearances are like, compared to a normal WTB drop bar?

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
You still look TALLER than the racing gnome, OR Tarzan!!!!

What a WISE man Thor is!!! and Mr Park is a trusted friend of his!!!

Do you think Mr Park should visit Ratz, as he is going VERY slowly in his Vendetta build using just his Blackened (Black magic???) Thor hammer!!!!

Any chance of getting the BOSS, to take a photo from next to your head, to see your view past the front end, and also a front quarter with your left leg up near the handle bars to see what your hand clearances are like, compared to a normal WTB drop bar?

Will get the boss lady to take another set of photos. Might be later in the week when we're both home during daylight but will get them done.

Not sure how I look taller since iirc I'm shorter than both. Maybe it's the Ventisit ;)

Not sure Ratz needs any help from Mr Park but I'll take Mr Park's help any day! And Ratz's too!

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet

LOL :p

Hey now; photography make the build go really slowly. The Diary is actually quiet a bit behind the actual build. One must maintain the anticipation for those in the dead of winter in the U.S. .... :eek:

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Kline, great photos!
Me thinks you should get the top bar powder coated "YELLOW". Hmm- not sure where I've seen that before, but I think it would look great!
.. just saying!

Apollo

Very nice, Kline! I am curious about the handlebar setup on your bikes and thinking of rigging up something similar but in place of bar-ends using brifters instead. Been fooling around with some bars I have lying around but haven't mounted anything (don't have the bike yet). It's mostly a thought experiment for now.

Last edited:

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
Kline, great photos!
Me thinks you should get the top bar powder coated "YELLOW". Hmm- not sure where I've seen that before, but I think it would look great!
.. just saying!

Thanks Larry! Just the top bar not the whole bike?? Either way I think you're right....there's no way to have too much YELLOW on a V!!

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
Very nice, Kline! I am curious about the handlebar setup on your bikes and thinking of rigging up something similar but in place of bar-ends using brifters instead. Been fooling around with some bars I have lying around but haven't mounted anything (don't have the bike yet). It's mostly a thought experiment for now.
Thanks Apollo! Stand by for a photo or two of just what you're considering

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
On my old Silvio 1.5, SRAM Rival brifters (now owned by castlerobber; she is still using the same handlebar setup)(Mirrycle mirrors mounted on the bar-ends. Not very aero but great rear viz):

image.jpeg image.jpg

Those are Origin 8 Gary 2 bars. I always thought about cutting them off about 4cm but never did. Those on my Vendetta are Soma Junebug bars which come in 31.8 clamp size and the drops are about 4cm less than the Gary's.
Just my experience running them that way, they provide a bullhorn feel when gripping the upright section, as well as offering several hand positions and very 'secure' yet relaxed hand placement with great control and stability. Admittedly, from some angles they can look a little goofy but no non-Cruzbiker has ever noticed the handlebars; why would they when they're too busy trying to make sense of front wheel drive moveable bottom bracket!

Last edited:

super slim

Zen MBB Master
LOL :p

Hey now; photography make the build go really slowly. The Diary is actually quiet a bit behind the actual build. One must maintain the anticipation for those in the dead of winter in the U.S. .... :eek:
I was just trying to get a bite!!!! and I did!!!

I realise how much time it takes to photo all the steps, AND report on it, especially for me being a two finger typist!!!

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master

Hi Slim, sorry to be so long getting these. Hope these give you the info you're looking for in terms of clearances, view etc. The Boss doesn't mind taking pics of her fatboy on his CrazyBike
so if you need something else it will be no trouble.
Please note the build is still a work in progress!
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg