There's Really no Getting Around Some Things

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
My partner suffered a heart attack early this year.
She's recovering nicely, which is all I really care about.

Support means many things.

Sacrifices were made.

Long hours standing by the side of the bed meant
that my knee, destroyed in 1980 but painstakingly rehabbed was stressed in ways it
can no longer handle.
With that knee in constant pain, no leg-related activities
are currently possible.

I may or may not recover.
Of course, I'm trying my best which is really all that anyone of us can ever hope to do.

(Impossible to comment on politically-caused realities, due to forum rules.)

That is all.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Hope you get better Steve. I'm praying all things are restored for you.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Me too. Bad knees are a pain. Wishing you better Steve. If you are taking Stevia as a sugar substitute , stop using it. I also got some good capsules of tumeric from GNC which allows me to cycle every day. They reduce inflamation of the body.

You can also strengthen the knee by knee extensions when you aren't cycling.

Hope that helps.

Knees can be a right pain. I know

Bentas

Hi mate
praying for you also, got to believe these issues will only be a speed hump for you.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
I used stevia a lot in my diet and my joints started to ache like crazy. Some people "me included" can't tolerate it. I felt so much better after a couple of weeks without using it. I won't take ibuprofen tablets either... Too many side effects.
https://www.drugs.com/ibuprofen.html

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
Knees work best when they are in stock form;
my right knee was reformed for me by a robin's egg blue 1962 Ford Galaxie station wagon
back in the early 1980's.
It has put a severe damper on what's possible ever since.
Look, I'm an expert on my own unique wreck of a knee, with over three decades of personal experience:
I'm not open to suggestions from non-orthopedic surgeons, amateur nutritionists, religious loonies or really
anyone who feels the need to polish their ego at my expense: Why? Because you're you and I am me and our personal differences are what make you and me unique.
You're welcome to continue to do so, of course, but understand that I don't care a whit what you think.
Facts are facts:
Age and use; wear and tear.

My partner continues to improve, thanks both to her drive to regain as much of what she has lost as possible
and to the support of her network of friends and my undying devotion.