Thinking outside the Box

Yes I have tried them. I do feel greater power with them. There are disadvantages for recumbent riders. It is harder for me to start out after I have come to a stop or slowed for a yield. I do like the mid foot position. So, this winter I am going to attempt to drill holes in my shoes to fit them for a cleat in the mid foot position. I feel like I have more power and less knee pain.

Gary123

Zen MBB Master
Love them on a Mt bike but I haven't tried them on cruzbike. I like to be clipped in on recumbents but I do set my cleats as far back as possible.

I couldn't ride my Cruzbike in hills until I clipped in. On the Cruzbike, your feet are suspended and you have to keep a forward pressure on each foot to keep it on the platform pedal. On a DF, the weight of your leg does that. Keeping pressure on the platform pedals on a Cruzbike affects your steering. When you are clipped in you can relax your leg and have free steering going down hill. The first few times I went down a hill I kept telling myself "tense up and you die" "tense up and you die". Of course it is all second nature now and I've been over to the mountains several times.

Emeljay

WiskersBlowinInTheWind
I've been using pedals similar to those for several months (about 15 miles a day) commuting to work and pleasure rides. Those little screws really grab my shoes (soft soles of running shoes) and let each foot "find" it's position. My left foot is centered on the left Pedal pointed straight forward, but my right "rebel" foot always is a little right of pedal center and toes pointed out. I noticed this when I started using these pedals, and this is the way I walk and also run with a straight shooter left foot, while the right foot seems to always to point 15-20 degrees right. I surmised that this difference is why I always had pain developing in my right knee when I used clipless pedals. :mad:

This is the first time I used flat pedals WiTH these pins, and they really grab my shoes where my feet place them!:)