This is what I do on Saturday Morning...

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Ok I'm warped I'm just content working and listening to the soothing sounds of larry's pedally on my computer in the background.. :confused:

I think I should retire and just build a track like that for bikers.

KiwiGuy

Larry. What are you doing man?

It's summer in your neck of the woods, and you're still riding in the dark. Don't you ever sleep?

My excuse for riding in the dark is that it's winter here. Still, being out when the sun is coming up is magic.

I was thinking recently that it must be boring going round and round in circles on a velodrome. And then last Saturday I did 100 minutes of my ride at AeT on an out and back 16km flat course. Out and back, out and back, etc. And I enjoyed it! Now I'm thinking you've got a cool set-up there.

Kind regards... Blair

ratz

It's summer in your neck of the woods, and you're still riding in the dark. Don't you ever sleep?
He's an IT guy no such thing as a sleep schedule. they beat that out of you year 2 of the job.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
The real truth is, I usually have so much to do on Saturday, (I have a cushy IT job, in that I only work M-F),
that I need to be back home by about 10:30 at the latest, so if I want to get a 4-hour ride in, I have to start at 6am!
But yes, I do sleep less than most.
Hardly ever to bed or asleep before 11pm, back up around 5 for my workout, then off to work.
I do usually rest on Sunday and "sleep in" till around 6 or even 6:30 sometimes! :)

jond

Zen MBB Master
Larry we would say dedication keen discipline committed but our wive's would say obsession nutter fruitloop.

so perhaps it sits in the middle somewhere. i will take a healthy obsession over being unhealthy any day of the week.

i hear that too much sleep is bad for you anyway....... lets ask ratz. :)

in the meantime keep on enjoying the dawn. i get to watch it on my way to work every day but i would rather be cruzbiking. riding in the evening is great too but you cant beat the still dawn and start of a new day.

back to the grindstone.......

ratz

i hear that too much sleep is bad for you anyway....... lets ask ratz. :)
I only sleep if I need to ride faster than someone else the next day. Around these parts that means the V makes slept irrelevant.

jond

Zen MBB Master
I only sleep if I need to ride faster than someone else the next day. Around these parts that means the V makes slept irrelevant.
yes i see you have taken to riding at midnight...........lately............... dedication time poor nutter scale 10/10 . :)

well done. :)

ratz

1 must stay up late to get beat the Oz to the first ride of the day

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
Mr. Oslund said a magic word:
"Kayak."

I used to commute to work in my homebuilt sea kayak.
Now, living miles away from water, I'm stuck with pedaling Cruzbikes rather than paddling 'yaks.
Poor me.

Kayak, Vendetta, private velodrome, what a paradise!

ratz

Kayak, Vendetta, private velodrome, what a paradise!

Yes but make that a Kayak park with inverted gravity flow so you can do white water while remaining stationary. They have one of those on the river over in Wisconsin near us. Totally cool, and it's one heck of a workout.

jond

Zen MBB Master
happy wife happy man larry. 30th august is my wife's birthday.i shall tell her about your 35 years larry. we think a great deal of that achievement. and on the day i shall give the nod acknowledging you and your wife gayle and a great marriage union effort.

and ratz she my queen can make water flow uphill too and evaporate on command. sadly perhaps she is not interested in bikes or kayaks. how blessed am i :)