Thor seat stopped production!! Help

snilard

Guru of hot glue gun
I finally saved up money for ne seat and Thor stopped production :(:(:(:(:(:( he has only few glass-fibre in stock :confused::confused::confused::mad::mad:
I know that Joseph is using Volae seat, but it would cost me fortune on shipping and taxes. Has anyone tested Novosport seat with Vendetta?

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Don't worry Matej, He will restart production in 4 months time... I am in Greg's queue. He said he is moving, and production will commence in six months time. This was like two months ago. On a lighter note... I will be visiting Prague with the family next week. Excellent. Always love Czech cuisine. Not taking the bike though.:confused:

snilard

Guru of hot glue gun
Don't worry Matej, He will restart production in 4 months time... I am in Greg's queue. He said he is moving, and production will commence in six months time. This was like two months ago. On a lighter note... I will be visiting Prague with the family next week. Excellent. Always love Czech cuisine. Not taking the bike though.:confused:
Nice stay in Prague.

snilard

Guru of hot glue gun
What headrest do you plan to use with Thor seat? ADEM looks nice but price including all EU taxes and duties is not low.

BJ686

What headrest do you plan to use with Thor seat? ADEM looks nice but price including all EU taxes and duties is not low.

I have used ADEM headset with my Thor seat and it works well. Also, you referenced possibly using a Novosport seat in your original post---I had checked those out on their website but not sure if I could get one here in the US. I emailed them but never got a response. If you end up trying out a Novosport seat, please let us know. Good luck!

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
I did have my eye on the ADEM head rest. My current configuration works quite well. Need to feel what it's like with a Thor seat. I want ... I want... Too many other things... Out with the old and in with the new. Want to switch to hydro brakes with Di2 so ADEM head rest is out of my attention span.

snilard

Guru of hot glue gun
Matej, look into the new ICE headrest. http://www.icetrikes.co/community/ice-news/the-new-ice-neckrest - I think Bruce installed one on his Thor seat.
It looks nice and well adjustable :)

Almost any standard hard shell seat will work. Most all are manufactured in Europe. You may need to do some research. Or possibly email Greg at Thor, and ask for recommendations.
I don't think so. Majority of european made seats are made for bikes with much upright position than Vendetta. IE. bikes and seats I know best - Azub - would cut your thigh by front edge. Is is simply made to work with angles like 40°.