Those 100k bikes

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet

Alas November is here; and so is the cold. Snow can't be far behind. But not before I finish a milestone for the year.

This isn't mountain land here but it's hilly enough and windy enough. As of today I'm at 99,449 FT of climbing on just Cruzbikes this season. Tonight I will go out and leisurely around the neighborhood; and that will be 100,000 FT or 19 miles. For an average of just under 50 FT per mile and 884 FT per ride. Recumbents might not climb, but Cruzbikes climb good enough for me; I don't really recall climbing that much, but I guess I did and that's probably the real proof, they really do climb better.

Larry and Gary can go out now and lap me a few times with their mountains next year.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
That's not too shabby and

That's not too shabby and pretty healthy indeed, especially for a flatlander Bob
regular_smile.gif
. I would image Larry's got to be in the 200 to 300 thousand so far, and he's not done yet.

I have mountains and flatlands around here and my climbing is only 164 thousand feet for the entire year so far, a very low percentage of that is on the Metabike. But most on the Silvio and Vendetta.

In the winter time I like to stay out of the mountains and stick to the flats most of the time. I perspire like a pig, no matter how hot or cold it is. But when it's cold and I perspire, I get really chilled when I stop, especially when it windy.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Great job Bob!!

Man, 50 ft per mile! That is incredible. This is a 1% grade average for all your miles!!
And you have more climbing per mile than I do for the year!
I have calculated mine
So far this year (started riding Cruzbike S mid June) - 5750 miles, and only 188,476 feet climbed. That is only 32 feet per mile! You have me beat by 50% climbing per mile! WOW
I have started uploading my pre-Cruzbike rides from MMR, but have not got them all in yet. So ~500 of the miles (out of the 5750) are on my Specialized Mountain Bike. Therefore only 5315 miles are Cruzbike miles (S=4403, V=915) Since Mid June.
I guess some of the (non-altitude) weirdness is all those big miles on flat courses getting ready for the 12 hour race, and my power testing on flat tracks.
Today I climbed 3100 ft. on a ~28 mile Ride. That is 110 ft per mile.
Also did a Strava Segment on Wahoo that equated to 3444 ft. for a 16 mile ride. (that is 215 ft per mile) It is amazingly realistic!! (Wish I could figure out how to get the altitude gain include in the Strava activity. Not sure if I am just not doing it right or not.
Eric - if you pass by this thread - any advise for using the Wahoo? Do you have configure something in it for the altitude. The segment shows the altitude, and the ride rides just like you are going up the grades, etc, but when downloaded to Strava, no altitude is given?
I should probably start a new thread on this though - sorry.

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
Wahoo Segments

Larry, if you are talking about Wahoo Segments, I can't help you as I have not used it.

-Eric

Ivan

Guru
Now with this data I really

Now with this data I really know how much of a flatlander I am. Converting from metric to feet and miles ones, I get a mere 26 feet climbing per typical mile! Really flat...

What winter?