Thru-axle

So I have been reading up on disc brakes (I have been waiting on the UCI to lift the ban so hopefully more development will go in to road models). In my reading a thru axle has many advantages over a standard QR particularly when it comes to disc brakes.
Yes this is still quite new on road bikes and it may be some time before a standard arises
However it may be possible to adopt one standard in the mean time with the hope that that wheel manufacturers will offer adapters to suit.
Just wondering if cruzbike are looking in to thru-axles.

jond

Zen MBB Master
this year the pro pelaton teams are able to trial disc brakes in two uci sanctioned events of their choice but not a major tour. next year it is six from memory including a major tour event so possible we shall see discs next year at the giro. le tour or vuelta. 2017 reported as no restrictions if trial works out.
unfortunately as you say baz the development has lagged behind in terms of wheels and bikes. bmc and giant are ones who have some development. interesting to note that most cross bikers are still choosing v brakes over discs. so will the cultural shift be a factor with the road bike fraternity. i hope not.

madness disc brakes will be without doubt a natural progression as per the mountain bike scene. real brakes with lighter rims yay . one standard.......... we can hope. ha ha.bottom brackets anyone.

going to be a lot of cheap second hand bikes on the market with poor brakes soon.

but not our smart cruzbikes with built in provision for disc calipers.