tight turns

chrisblessing

While out riding this morning I noticed something about how I make tight turns, such as a u-turn on a narrow street. Into the turn I found that I was pulling the inside of the handlebar closer to me, then, as I began to straighten out, I pushing it back. Once noticing this, I executed a few more very tight circles where I did the same. In so doing I seem capable of making these tight turns more easily than on my Dahon, and was able to continue pedaling through the turn. On reflection is seems the most normal thing. To date this sort of manuever was one of those things that made me apprehensive about group rides.

Have I noticed something every other rider does routinely? This was, for me, a key discovery, as I become more fluent in riding a MBB. I'm looking forward my first group ride with my fellow foldies and am keen not to embaress myself.

Chris

I don't understand.  It

I don't understand. It sounds like you just said, "When I make a turn I turn the handlebars, as I come out of the turn I straighten my handlebars." I don't know of any other way to make a turn.

chrisblessing

Yes, and...

Read a little closer:

"...I was pulling the inside of the handlebar closer to me, then, as I began to straighten out, I (was) pushing it back." On my Dahon I'm not cognizant of pulling one side or the other as I make a turn.