Tire Size for Vendetta

pblackleo

Pictures of vendettas look as if it has 700x23 tires and there is little clearance for larger tires, say 700x25 or even larger. Is this correct? Can tires larger than 700x23 fit on a vendetta?

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
The Vendetta is supposed to

The Vendetta is supposed to accommodate up to28mm tires AFAIK. I'm going to try this at some point and will let you know if you don't beat me to it. It will probably be quite some time before I try it.

-Eric

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
I have seen 28's on BentAero's V2

It is a very tight fit, but works!
I know Gary is running tubeless, but he will have to confirm his wheel and tire types as I cannot remember

BentAero

Read this

Read this thread:http://cruzbike.com/anyone-running-hutchinson-sector-tyres-and-do-they-fit-vendetta

I wrote in that thread that I thought a 28 would fit with any rim, but now I'm not so sure. I have very wide rims, which flatten the tire profile. A narrower rim would make the tire 'stand taller' and therefore might hit the fork.

Vangelo

Just fitted Continental 700 x

Just fitted Continental 700 x 28C tyres on Cruzbike Aero67 rims......works!
Tyre.jpg

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
A 28 can fit the current

A 28 can fit the current forks, but as has been noted a lot depends on both the tire and the rim being used. Some combos have good clearance and others are too close for comfort.

Robert

Itripper

28mm did not fit for me

I tried 28mm Contis on ALX320DX rims. The front tire rubs on front portion of fork arch. The rim is here http://www.amazon.com/-Class-ALX320DX-700c-Black-Wheelset/dp/B005C26CNU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1424935250&sr=8-4&keywords=al320dx

~~Rim is 26mm tall and 19.3mm wide

I'll probably switch to a 25mm front and leave 28 in back. Maybe a wider rim would allow it to fit. There is no clearance between tire and fork, it will spin for a revolution or two. Just wanted to post here that 28mm will not always fit for others who want to fit wider tires.

Question: I am considering putting a 25 mm Gatorskin on the front tire instead of 4000, do you think this will mess up handling? The front is such a pain to fix a flat on, I would hate to repair it at night, which is half of my 50 mile RT commute to work.