Tired of being mistreated by motorists?

VenRiderGuy

Interesting bit of history that I never knew about....thanks for sharing. Now, where can I find one of the mounting brackets pictured?:rolleyes:

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
I kinda like that idea. (Well, I'm sure it wouldn't end well, but...)

I've also had the idea of attaching two different color sharpies on a stick that is 3 feet long attached to my rack. Any car that got too close would be marked. :)

I started working on a similar idea for my DF bike but I was going to use carbide scribers on the ends for a more permanent reminder. Then the Vendetta landed in my lap and it so low i was worried about the sticks getting sucked into truck tires.

JOSEPHWEISSERT

Zen MBB Master
I went out the for the Thursday night shop ride. It gets dark really early now, so I continued on afterwards for another 10 miles or so around the lake by myself. I had my bright headlight and bright red rear flasher on and I was waiting at an intersection near home for the light to turn green. A big white pickup truck pulled up behind me and to the right in the right turn lane - I was in the lane to continue straight across. I heard the guy mumbling something and I just ignored him. Then the light turned green and he said, "You should be doing that during the day. You're a dumb-ass!" And he turned right and took off. As he was pulling away, I saw his brightly lit Michigan license plate, DGP-5547, which I'm going to call in to the police tomorrow for harassment. Who's the dumb-ass now? :D

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
Dealing out instant Karma is a fun concept, but it's usually frowned upon.
o_O

I thought I'd turn this fun thread into a useful resource, especially since the title is perfect: "Tired of Being Mistreated by Motorists."
So, to get the ball rolling....

I like the, Close Call Database.

http://closecalldatabase.com/

There are other sites like it, some better & some worse, but this tickled my fancy.
The software will notify you and other local member cyclists of who, what, when, where and how.
Being safely and legally proactive is a good thing!

I thought I'd turn this fun thread into a useful resource, especially since the title is perfect: "Tired of Being Mistreated by Motorists."
So, to get the ball rolling....

I like the, Close Call Database.

http://closecalldatabase.com/

There are other sites like it, some better & some worse, but this tickled my fancy.
The software will notify you and other local member cyclists of who, what, when, where and how.
Being safely and legally proactive is a good thing!

Great site. I just input some recent incidences.