Top speed

chrisblessing

The loops I ride from my condo in Kuala Lumpur are hilly. While I've been focused on learning to climb with my 20" conversion, I hadn't yet tested it's downhill capability. Until this morning - and it did great. I hit 59 KPH on a long descent. Clipped in, I kept spinning, and found no issues with stability or twitchiness. Were it not for the speedbumps along the way, I'm certain I would have broken 65-70.

Yesterday saw my first ride in heavy traffic. This was a real test of the agility of the bike, and I'm pleased to say that the bike did just fine. I can make quick turns and pick my way around the various shards of glass, soda cans and fallen birds pretty easily.

One thing for certain, more traffic means a bigger audience, which means lots of shouted comments, smiles, finger pointing and thumbs-up.

So far, so fun.

low wong

, ,!

omg_smile.gif
shades_smile.gif
thumbs_up.gif
!

Tarmac Terrorist

Top speed on these is awesome

Top speed on these is awesome I max out my DF TREK Madon at 70KPH hill down with a strong tail wind I got better then 80KPH on my CB conversion.
Bike%20010.JPG

fast%20010.JPG

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
I got better then 80KPH on my

I got better then 80KPH on my CB conversion.
!!!!!

89 km (just over 55 mph) is definitely above 80 kph. You'd really better hope your better half doesn't read this forum!

69 kph

69 Kph/43 Mph is the fastest I've ever gone on my Silvio. I had a good wind at my back and happened to be going downhill. I wouldn't want to go much faster!

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Resurrect this thread for some fun

This is an old thread that I wanted to try and resurrect. I'm curious what folks are getting. I see 55 MPH from the Tarmac Terrorist - that's awesome.

What is your top speeds?

Me -
48.4 MPH - Vendetta
45.1 MPH - Silvio

Same hill. Ratz did this hill on the Kickr.

As I published in another, I hoping to break the 50 MPH barrier next Summer.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Stupid stuff adults do.

Vendetta - I coasted up to 46mph
second ever test ride I did 43mph on the same hill

Silvio - Pedaled a 43mph

The Sinister Trike is still the record holder at 62mph full out pedaling.
The Trike hill is not suitable for a bike; but it is fun to pull away from cars.

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
45 mph (72 kph) on the

45 mph (72 kph) on the Sofrider.
40 mph (64 kph) on the Cruzigami Mantis.

After falling a couple of times in January of this year hitting black ice, I find I am not willing to go this fast anymore.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
More Stupid thngs

Coming down from the Blue Rdige Parkway - I hit 44.3 mph.
Scared to death, but mostly because it was so twisty curvy. Used my brake A LOT!
There is a hill I could hit 55 on, when riding my Hybrid Moutain Bike. When I get brave enough, I get over there on my V and report back! (If I live, that is)

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
WOW Bob. I'm impressed,

WOW Bob. I'm impressed, Sinister Trike may just hold that record for this thread forever. I had a 700 also, my first bent, but never got anywhere near that...I think something like in the mid-30's...it's pretty hair raising because you have those 2 front wheels independently hitting imperfections in the road.

Jeremy S

Dude
I am not a brave man and you

I am not a brave man and you won't catch me trying this! I tend to cap my speed at 35 mph. The bike feels stable at that speed but the faster I go, the more vividly I imagine hitting the pavement (or a car pulling out of a side street).

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
I worry about hitting or

I worry about hitting or getting hit by a deer. Last year I got the living daylights scared out of me by a big buck. I was riding along at about 17 MPH (hey I didn't own a Cruzbike back then), caught a glimpse a buck running parallel to me though the woods on my right, then suddenly he made a quick right 90 degree turn, leaped over the road, clearing my boom. I got a big eyeful of hoofs and antlers. He was huge, as big as a jackass. I was shaking so bad that I had to stop for a while and take a moment. If I would have had Rideye, or video, I would have owned YouTube.

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
Vendetta Wins

For comparison, these numbers are what my modded Sofrider V1 has done:

-Downhill, over 40 miles per hour.

-on the flat, 30.3 miles per hour, with a tail wind.

-on the flat, 27 miles per hour, no wind.

-average moving speed is now just under 17 miles per hour...
hill climbing seems to be more difficult for me than descending is.

-Steve

snilard

Guru of hot glue gun
I cannot keep myself out. My

I cannot keep myself out. My record was not on Cruzbike but on my semi-low fully loaded homebuild recumbent. I hitted 94 km/h (59 mph). My bike is twitchy without bags, with bags it becomes stable. But the frame twists a little bit when fully loaded. On the record hill it was OK because it was straight but few downhills later I was really afraid. I was riding ~70 km/h and the route started to turn. I was really grateful for disk brakes. After this experience I decided not to go so fast on fully loaded bike. What means that I will never go this fast on this bike, because without bags I am too light and I have worse aerodynamics.

Lief

Guru Schmuru
my top speed on the Vendetta

my top speed on the Vendetta on the joule showed 51.7mph (TTurners showed 53.5 on the same descent - I was VERY close behind him counting very heavily on his knowledge and view of the road)
Too fast for me to pedal at 50+ but on the run-out I was turning the cranks over at 43+mph (cadence was probably pushing 120 - 175mm 50t QRing on 11t cassette)

Then, on the Silvio - well I wrote about that top speed on this thread a while ago.
THAT one was a white-knuckle ride to be sure.
By comparison - the Vendetta trip felt casual.