Trainer Fit for S30

KneeDrachen

So I would like to get in on the 4F thread, however, my current trainer does not fit the S30 (Travel Trac Comp Fluid). The trainer skewer is too short to fit the S30 (non fork shock) and with the S30 skewer in place, the trainer is too narrow to fit the front end in to place.

The Kickr and Kickr Snap may not make it through my household budget commitee (of which I have a seat, but do not having voting privleges). I would like to have a smart trainer to help pass the time and have the ability to monitor progress, but it is not imperative.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

snilard

Guru of hot glue gun
So I would like to get in on the 4F thread, however, my current trainer does not fit the S30 (Travel Trac Comp Fluid). The trainer skewer is too short to fit the S30 (non fork shock) and with the S30 skewer in place, the trainer is too narrow to fit the front end in to place.

The Kickr and Kickr Snap may not make it through my household budget commitee (of which I have a seat, but do not having voting privleges). I would like to have a smart trainer to help pass the time and have the ability to monitor progress, but it is not imperative.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
Can you take some photos of your actual setup?
I just bought Elite Qubo Power fluid and have to say that it works nice. But it is not smart.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet

The S30 has a 132mm drop out that means you should be able to use it on either 130mm or 135mm setup. I looked at the Travel Trac CF specs they don't say if it's 130 or 135 or both.

My guess is that perhaps you have a Disc Brake front wheel that is 135mm and the TTCF is limited to 130mm the way you have it setup. On one side of the clamp there is usually an adapter to switch from 130 to 135mm spacing if you can find that or something similar that should solve the problem.

Like Matej said a photo would help. (I've update your account to have picture and link posting rights you were almost there anyhow and you've been very active)

KneeDrachen

Working and have low battery so I will upload pictures later. You are right it is set up for 130mm spacong and Inl do have a disc front wheel. I purchased this trainer 2 years ago and it is not able to convert between 130mm and any other measurements after doing some research and asking a few LBSs. It looks like a CycleOps may be in my future as I believe they can convert to different widths. Just saw an ad for the Elite Kura, looks like the KICKR and Hammerhead may have some competition....